shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: August Progressive Challenge

I can tell by the layouts I see, I have to learn A LOT!

please note the kit i am using didnt have butterflies and flowers, and so to keep with the rugged boyish look of what I am creating I used the stars and cogs as well as foliage, ribbon and buttons and brads

This is a fabulous photo! I think I would have placed the large butterfly in the middle of the cluster for more focus. But that's me! We all have our own scrapping ideas, and the good thing about that is there are no rights or wrongs! It is your page, and your tastes!

I would say for now, leave it where it is and see what the last step brings! It may bring it right into focus where you want it!

Quote Originally Posted by norskinus View Post

I am very hesitant as to where to place the butterfly.... I don't want it to look like he has a butterfly coming out of his head, but thought it also would be nice to have an element away from all the clustering. Any suggestions?
    I used the cookie cutter tool to cut out more butterflies from some of the paper elements from the kit.

This photo is of my maternal great-grandparents.

4. Here's my Step 4

Step Five:
    5. Final step is to add a little journaling, in white, a title *in the same colour as your paper, however a darker shade* and the date! :)

Post your layout by Friday, August 31, 2012

Here's mine with the final step, and thank you for the challenge!

Wow.. your fast Patty!! :) Great finish! :)

Wow... PattyB... you are fast! Darling page. Love all the blues.

Here is my final page. The white journaling and darker color title was a challenge. But, there was just enough room to slip them in one the left side. Thanks for such a wonderful challenge - it has been fun.

Great finish!! I love that photo!!

Thanks Lone. Love how my lo turned out!

Joy & Wonder