shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: UnZip Multiple Files

UnZip Multiple Files

A while back I read somewhere that multiple files can be unzipped at the same time. I don't remember what program it requires or where to get it. Since I just changed to a new computer I have a lot of files to unzip as I didn't unzip them prior to changing over b/c I was out of disk space. If anyone can give me advice I would appreciated it!

HELP!!!

Hugs,
    Theresa

I had to put my laptop in the shop so I can't tell you the name of it but someone on this forum will let you know. I do want to tell you it is an awesome program. I love it. Sorry I can't help. I'm going to search the forums for it and will get back to you.

Ok, its called upzip them all. This is the link and it's free.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/unzipall.html

Thank you Cherry!!! I'm off to download it now!

Hugs,
    Theresa

Couldn't get it to work. This is my luck...

Hugs,
    Theresa

6. I got that from a forum link - worked like a charm for me and it saves all the time of doing it one at a time too!!

I'm sure I messed it up somehow. I just got Vista and I really wish I still had XP.

Hugs,
    Theresa

Theresa, Unzipthemall doesn't work "exactly" like winzip, but I tell ya, it's a lifesaver! I also have Vista, so I know it works. You just have to open the program, browse to the folder that have the files, and it automatically selects all of the .zip and .rar files in that folder. I have NOT been able to get it to work for password-protected files, though. Make sure you don't try to unzip .zip and .rar types at the same time, or it goes wonky.
    So when you have the files selected, just click Start (at the bottom) and you're good to go! I think the default preferences, make it so that each zip has its own folder once it's unzipped, which I found annoying, so I changed it.
    View > Options > Extraction Options (under "general" in the middle) > Extract into current folder.
    Hope that helps!
    ~~Julie P.~~

Julie, Thanks a million. Must have been having a bad day that day when I was trying b/c it's working like a charm now. Thanks again!

Hugs,
    Theresa