shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has your DH ever done this??

1. Has your DH ever done this??

Ok, first off, we use the abbreviation DH for, what, "darling husband"? Well last night I think Dumb husband might have been more appropriate! ha! Sweetheart that he really is, he agreed to paint the living room and began last night. YEA! no more taupe. ( This whole place is taupe except for the deep red kitchen we did the first week here!) Now we are changing it up to a nice soft but welcoming (NOT pastel, rofl!!!) apple green. I love it so far!
    What I di-n't love was the green paint on my best crockery and dishes!!!! ACK!
    Found them this morning- he rinsed in the kitchen sink and splashed paint all over them!!!! Dear, darling, and occasionally dumb, husband of mine!!!

Yep, I can so relate!

My DH.....(interpretation depends on what he has done, LOL).....races Remote Control Cars, and Loves to wash his tires in the kitchen sink and splatter the Mud all over the clean dishes. Could he not put them away before he starts! UGH!!!!! LOL

Aaah, the stories I could tell!! My favourite one goes like this:

DH and DS (Darling son?!?) both used to throw their socks in the laundry bin just as scrunched up as they they came off their feet - and yours truly had to spend hours to un-scrunch tons of smelly socks before being able to wash them. Uuugh!! well, one day I had enough of it! I just took the socks as they were and threw them into the washing machine and then hung them on the clothes line, scrunched up and all - the neighbours probably thought I'd gone right off my rails, but I didn't care. DH and DS didn't think it was funny at all. Can't think why!:)

Hugs
    Andrea

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

4. Oh, YOU TWO!!! Truly did make me laugh out loud ( or aloud- then it would be LAL?)
    At least the socks made it to the basket! DH & DS leave them where they remove them, especially in the summer! But, there are worse things, so, I am still thankful.

Just thought a rant thread would be fun!

Hubby just got back from the track, with dirty tires....but I fooled him, I put the dishes away today....even though that is supposed to be his job, ROFL!

6. well...at least he rinsed/washed the brushes??? My DH would rather throw all the painting supplies away then wash them. They sit...and sit...and sit...

mine do the socks like that too- but what bugs me the most is when he leaves his undershirt inside the other shirt and throws them in the hamper- of course the undershirts are white and the work shirts are dark so they can't be washed together.....
    JAB Digital Designs

So, I read this from a wise woman a while ago: while un-rolling those stinky, smelly socks, instead of griping (which I usually do), use that as an opportunity to pray for his feet! That they would lead him in paths of righteousness, that he would have the energy he needed to walk through his day, etc.
    I try, but I fear I fail too often. And, oh, how I would miss those socks if they weren't there...

8. Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Hubby just got back from the track, with dirty tires....but I fooled him, I put the dishes away today....even though that is supposed to be his job, ROFL!
    haha! that is great! You know, it is ok to laugh a bit at our differences. We know the differences won't divide us!

My DH does stuff to annoy me all the time...I think he does it on purpose!! the other day before my MIL came, I was cleaning like a mad woman. I didn't have time to stop to sit down and eat my lunch so I just had it on the counter and would grab a bite here and there. I ran up stairs to put laundry away...I was up there prob about 20 minutes, come down to eat some of my lunch and catch him feeding the last of it to the DOGS! I yelled" WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" he says "Giving the dogs this left over food" I yelled "that was my LUNCH!!!" hes like "Oh...sorry I didn't know" yeah because a plate with my lunch on it, a napkin and a full drink next to it all wouldn't have given him any hints??? It was so obvious that it was someone's meal...I think he did it on purpose just to get a reaction out of me!

LOL @ Christine.....he probably did. I think they do that stuff just to see how we will react!

Well, this morning mine has been a sweetie! He just made me up two batches of Fruit Slushies and froze them so I have my fruit drinks for the next week! He does have his wonderful moments! :)
    Last edited by britnkaysmemaw2; 05-18-2012 at 09:11 AM.