shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: April Progressive Challenge

April Progressive Challenge

A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.

1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout

2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!

4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.

5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!

8. Use of GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!

9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.

10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.

11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!

Step One:
    1. I was tempted to put an *April Fools* step one in here.. but changed my mind LOL.... So .. first step is find a plain but textured paper.. medium light in colour. Then find a complimentary paper and make two strips about 1.5" wide and place one at the top and one at the bottom of your page. Add shadows as you like.

Post your layout by Friday, April 6, 2012 The next step will be posted Saturday, April 7, 2012

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Step Two:
    2. Ok.. now we get to find a photo you love and cut out a circle of the photo with the face only. Your circle should be about 2 to 2.5" in diameter. Duplicate it. Place 1 of them on top of 1 of the paper strips but in the corner of your layout. Place the other 1 on the other paper strip on the opposite side to the one you've just placed, but place it just off the middle mark. Both photo circles should also be touching the top or bottom edge of your layout. They can even go off the page a bit. Add shadows now if you like - you can change shadowing any time. :) ..

Step Three:
    3. This step involves creating a cluster. So essentially, you'll be duplicating the cluster you make around the one photo, and placing the same elements around the second photo, with slight differences if you like, but they should resemble each other. You will include 1 rounded corner square and 1 circle of complementary paper and slightly different sizes, a ribbon behind it all or entangled in and between elements, or a paper strip - your choice, 4 different flowers, a button and some foliage. Add 1 set of 3 birds somewhere on your page in a small grouping. The clusters should go across your page following the paper stip the photos are on and should not overpower the page. Remember, there are 2 more steps, so be careful about how big you make all these things. Add shadows now if you like - you can change shadowing any time. :) ..

Post your layout by Wednesday, April 18, 2012 The next step will be posted Thursday, April 19, 2012

Step Four:
    4. Ok so in this step you need to think about not overpowering your page with what you need to do. You need to find ONE word that describes your layout or the feel of your layout and now place that word "as an overlay" (make the layer that you place the words on semi transparent) in several different fonts and sizes between the paper strips only. Have the word art go behind your clusters and photos and even partial words behind the paper strips. Use complementary colours or strokes or shadows, but be careful not to overpower. :)

Post your layout by Tuesday, April 24, 2012 The next step will be posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Step Five:
    5. Last step! YEAH! So now we have to tie the top row of clusters to the bottom row of clusters... in a diagonal fashion. You can do this with a ribbon, a series of swirls, a piece of string or anything else you can think of that will not take over the layout. You don't need a title as you've got your word art/overlay to describe the feel of your layout. You should add a tag or find a space where you can add the date. Voila!! Your now finished!! :)
    Post your layout by Monday, April 30, 2012
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 04-25-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks for the challenge! Here's my step 1

Gorgeous start!! :)

Here's to another great challenge!! My step 1:

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

Here's my week one using Maria's Aloha kit and add on.

Step 1

OK, computer playing games again and preview won't show. Ugh!!!!

EDIT: Yeah!!!! Preview fixed!
    Last edited by britnkaysmemaw2; 04-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Looking good Ladies!1 :)

I tried fixing your post Cathy.. but no luck.. it's not your computer, it the gallery software that messing up :)
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 04-02-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks Lone.....it seems to be happening a lot to me lately. But if I come back the next day and try to edit, it normally works. We'll see tomorrow, lol.

Here is step 1:
    I used two absolutely gorgeous papers from Sweetmade that she shared with us in the Daily Downloads. I added a texture to the pink paper.