shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artful Adventures in 2012!

1. Artful Adventures in 2012!

January is here??? How can that be?? Well, it is here and possible!
    And so are the coming challenges that I have for you- we stretched a little the past 4 months,
    and now we will begin to lift off the ground and reach for the stars!
    This month, I am giving everyone a coupon for an ATC kit.
    I will be adding two new ones this month to my shoppe.
    The coupon will be available at the end of the challenge.
    So, what is the challenge for the month??
    It has 3 letters...

YES!
    You are making an ATC this month and we are all going to be swapping them!
    This will be a digital swap.

How does this work??
    1.Reply to this thread that you want to play. I will pair people up and PM partner names to you.

The partner will be a SECRET until January 15th.

Create your digital A.T.C. sized 2.5x3.5; 300dpi.
    ANY theme!
    You could always choose one word as your word for the year- if you are in need of inspiration!
    Please use 80% GDS products and of course I would like to see some of
    my stuff used! lol!

3.On the 15th, your ATC should be pm'd to your partner and vice versa
    This means you DO NOT post in the gallery until the 15th of January.

From all the participants I will randomly choose a winning pair.
    EVERY participant will get the coupon for a free A.T.C kit mentioned above. Your A.T.C. is what qualifies you for that gift

So you can chat in this thread, ask questions, but DO NOT post your card here or in the gallery before the 15th.

Those who enter after that date will not be eligible for the drawing,
    but will still get the coupon once their ATC is posted in the gallery.

Are you ready???
    Here we go!!

FYI:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bombalurina59
    I've got one more question Amanda, just to get it all straight: :) On the 15th do we post our own ATC to the gallery and this thread or do we post our partner's ATC?

No problem! FIRST post the card to your partner...then to the gallery... and then HERE in this thread! DDDDD
    Last edited by Amanda; 01-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19100&dateline=140957  8467

YAY!! I LOOOOVVVEE ATC's!!! they are so much fun!!!!!!!!!!! hard to do just one though! I usually have to make atleast a page of them!!

So I'm in..(of course!) partner me up Cowgirl!! yeee haw!

I'm in! I'm also feeling *challenged* by having to pick my own subject/theme. Maybe I'll discover some inspiration elsewhere in the next couple of days.

One hint. When working on a digital ATC, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that you actually have a very small "canvas" on which to work. I print out interim versions (using the "draft" mode on my printer to conserve ink) to make sure that I'm not winding up with stuff that is just too tiny to make a decent ATC.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
    I'm in! I'm also feeling *challenged* by having to pick my own subject/theme. Maybe I'll discover some inspiration elsewhere in the next couple of days.

One hint. When working on a digital ATC, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that you actually have a very small "canvas" on which to work. I print out interim versions (using the "draft" mode on my printer to conserve ink) to make sure that I'm not winding up with stuff that is just too tiny to make a decent ATC.
    So happy you feel free to share that here! Thank you- it may be helpful for many who are new to this.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19100&dateline=140957  8467

Quote Originally Posted by Elsi View Post

For me, I find it helpful to always make more than one at a time. I usually do a page at a time of the one theme. That way it doesnt feel so "tiny" Just use your gid to set up the sizes... here is a link to a page of them I made a while back http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...8&ppuser=30219

I guess I fool myself into thinking I am working with a full sized sheet!!!

Ok, I'll try this, too. It'll be a first time for me...

Quote Originally Posted by criostirado View Post
    For me, I find it helpful to always make more than one at a time. I usually do a page at a time of the one theme. That way it doesnt feel so "tiny" Just use your gid to set up the sizes... here is a link to a page of them I made a while back http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...8&ppuser=30219

I guess I fool myself into thinking I am working with a full sized sheet!!!
    Oh my! Those are striking. I might set up a whole page, but they'd all be the same. I feel challenged to come up with just *one* ATC -- I think it would take me months to create an entire series.

Count me in!

I've done art ATCs but not digital ones, so this will be fun!

Meanwhile I can exhaust myself watching criostirado sprint to the finish line before the rest of us get our shoes tied! [psst...Amanda...maybe you should pair her with each of the rest of us...]

Selra

Quote Originally Posted by selrahcnewrad View Post

Meanwhile I can exhaust myself watching criostirado sprint to the finish line before the rest of us get our shoes tied! [psst...Amanda...maybe you should pair her with each of the rest of us...]

Selra
    Ha!!! I will take on that challenge!!! Bring it on!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by selrahcnewrad View Post

Selra
    I would agree!!!

Count me in please!