shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Artful Adventures in 2012!

1. Quote Originally Posted by PattyB View Post
    An artist trading card (or ATC for short) is a tiny, original piece of art created with the intention of swapping or trading it with another artist, not selling it. The one rule an artist trading card must adhere to is the size. An ATC must be 2.5x3.5 inches (at 300ppi) or 64x89 mm.
    That's my girl- thanks Patty!!!

There are examples of Artist Trading Cards HERE

You're welcome! I have mine done... oh the anticipation... oooow!
    I do have a question, when we do post our ATC, on the 15th (and not until then!) Do we post at the full 300ppi? My file is under the file size limit, which about 300kb I believe. Thanks Amanda!
    Last edited by PattyB; 01-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by PattyB View Post
    You're welcome! I have mine done... oh the anticipation... oooow!
    I do have a question, when we do post our ATC, on the 15th (and not until then!) Do we post at the full 300ppi? My file is under the file size limit, which about 300kb I believe. Thanks Amanda!
    If your file is below the gallery limit, yes, as it is best for printing. I will be saving mine in both the original 300ppi and 72, cos I usually end up with a large file! That way my partner can have the original if they want to print it.

4. I want to play too

I've never made ATC's before but I was considering a project of making a set of 52 for my mom to use as prayer cards so this will be the perfect introduction to get me ready for that project... do I have to PM Amanda? or is this post enough to sign me up?

5. Quote Originally Posted by LilGray26 View Post
    I've never made ATC's before but I was considering a project of making a set of 52 for my mom to use as prayer cards so this will be the perfect introduction to get me ready for that project... do I have to PM Amanda? or is this post enough to sign me up?
    NO Pm necessary as the posting gift will come after the cards are given.
    "a set of 52 for my mom to use as prayer cards" ...I LOVE that idea- it is a terrific one...hmm. Mind if I borrow it and you can have them free to give to someone else?

6. I was worried about over-scheduling myself, but this sounds like so much fun, so count me in Amanda!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    NO Pm necessary as the posting gift will come after the cards are given.
    "a set of 52 for my mom to use as prayer cards" ...I LOVE that idea- it is a terrific one...hmm. Mind if I borrow it and you can have them free to give to someone else?
    As if I would say no... of course you can use my idea... and I would love to see what ever you come up with and I would greatly appreciate getting them for free... my mom informed me that the quotes she wants me to use are too long for cards... so I may make a prayer book for her and prayer cards for me...lol. either way this challenge will be good practice so I'm looking forward to it...

8. Quote Originally Posted by LilGray26 View Post
    As if I would say no... of course you can use my idea... and I would love to see what ever you come up with and I would greatly appreciate getting them for free... my mom informed me that the quotes she wants me to use are too long for cards... so I may make a prayer book for her and prayer cards for me...lol. either way this challenge will be good practice so I'm looking forward to it...
    Well, that is VERY gracious of you! Thank you!!

Okay, I had to come back here and read everything again. So, the ones I created will not count for this. I'll have to do different one(s). The ones I did I already uploaded to the gallery for CT work.
    Last edited by kathrynvc; 01-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.

10. Hi there!

I was referred to this forum looking for some more info on art journaling challenges and mixing it in with my digi-scrapping fun. :) I am exploring this new form of artistic expression... so I'd love to give this challenge a try. I am totally new at this... so pair me up accordingly please. :)

I'm looking forward to chatting with y'all and also soaking up some knowledge too! :)

PS. Amanda - I remember you from SWAM - so happy to find you again! :)