shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Templates...again

Templates...again

I've been gathering quite a few templates because that seems easiest for me right now.
    But how do I organize them? I have a separate file but a lot of them I can't view unless I open PSE...kwim? Any thoughts or ideas?
    Thanks.

I know that ACDSee allows you to view them in their manager.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Most of the templates I have got have a preview in jpeg form which is viewable in windows explorer - for those which came without the preview, I have created the preview myself to enable me to view them all in that way

How do you make a preview or is that over my head being a challenged newbie and all?

If you search on google, you can find out how to add some registry changes that will allow you to view the PSD thumbnails in Windows Explorer. I had to add two dll files to and adobe shell folder on my computer and then run two registry change files. It was super easy and it works great!

OH Andrea!!! I could HUG you!! LOL .... That's the best thing that's happened to me in ages! Gotta Love it!
    ~Traci~

7. Quote Originally Posted by KattyZak View Post
    How do you make a preview or is that over my head being a challenged newbie and all?

It is real easy to make a preview - Open up the template in PSE and then save it as a JPEG. And walaa

Andrea - you are the empress of information. I will do that.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

I did that! It works! I found a site has 2 files in rar format. One is Adobe dot reg, and the dll is psicon dot dll.....

I found that the dll is available in a lot of locations. Instructions come with the files. Copy the dll to the Adobe folder, and double-click the dot reg. It'll make the registry changes for you. Two easy steps. Thank you so much, Andrea!

Holly, if you allow, I can attach the files for download here. (Another Andrea save - she really is the empress of information!) Maybe you'd like to check them out first?

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

A lot of this sounds Greek to me. Links might help.
    I am glad I am not the only one swimming deep in templates that contain the unknown.
    I think I need template #68 but not sure if it was a freebie or not....off to check.