shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Candles..

Christmas Candles..

Is it me or do they all smell like car fresheners gone bad? Am I the only one who find that they stink? Tell me I am not alone in this... please :P

ROFL Rebecca!! I use candles the smell of either cinnamon or vanilla at Christmas!! I prefer partylight ones - they are awesome!

I love the smell of candles.. especially the smell of the wick when you blow the flame out hehe. weird eh
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

I like the smell of the smoke from the wick too. My bestest friend gave me some and they are peeeeeeeuuuuuuu. I mean it is like the base smell was good then they added yuck. They are yankee brand. Then I noticed other brands the christmas ones stunk too!

Quote Originally Posted by beany View Post
    ROFL Rebecca!! I use candles the smell of either cinnamon or vanilla at Christmas!! I prefer partylight ones - they are awesome!
    Me too Beany! I love the cinnamon ones.. actually all winter long!

6. i love the smell of most candles
    if it smell very extrem i don't like. last year my mom bought some candles i think they are bypartylight, too they smell really good of cinemon and special this christmas smell

I WISH i could allow myself to enjoy these new scented candles but I'm such an extreme scatter-brain I KNOW I'd leave one lit and burn down the house so I have to force myself to keep right on walking past them in the store!! A couple of years ago my aunt DID leave one burning and she DID almost burn down their house so I guess it runs in the family. so I stick with my little crock-pot type things with liquid potpourri or spices I mix up myself. My fav is apple and cinnamon.
    Liz Pike

Blog updated Thursday October 19

I have just gotten back into the candles. Especially while I am soaking in the bath. I bought some CHristmas ones last week as part of my CHristmas prep. Now I am getting to be afraid to try them . Might light one tonight and see if I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by strawbry_wine View Post
    I WISH i could allow myself to enjoy these new scented candles but I'm such an extreme scatter-brain I KNOW I'd leave one lit and burn down the house so I have to force myself to keep right on walking past them in the store!! A couple of years ago my aunt DID leave one burning and she DID almost burn down their house so I guess it runs in the family. so I stick with my little crock-pot type things with liquid potpourri or spices I mix up myself. My fav is apple and cinnamon.
    Candle warmer, walmart, 5 dollars or michaels for a little more. I freaked out about having lit candles around the kids so that is my solve, and they last longer too!

I love candles too but worried about leaving them lit. I also went with the candle warmer and loved that at the time. Then I was walking through an airport and smelled the most lovely smell coming from Body Works and learned that they were from oil warmers. Not only did I buy for myself, but I bought for all the other ladies in my family. It's nice because you light a tea light and I never have to worry about it burning too long. And I mix my scents from Bath & Body works (coconut verbana is my absolute fav) as well as Body Works.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.