shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 2011 Technnique Challenge - Photoless

1. September 2011 Technnique Challenge - Photoless

In experimenting with the different types of layouts out there, I found the photoless layout to be liberating on many levels. There are often memories that we have that we'd like to document that don't have accompanying photos. Sometimes it's nice to just play with an expression of ourselves at that moment in time, and use graphics instead of actual photos.

So your challenge this month is to create a photoless layout. To aid you in this process, I have created a template loosely based on a layout below by our very own Lisa of Kuper Doodles. Preview is linked.

***Anyone may download this template - it is NOT required to be used for this challenge. Any photoless layout will qualify.
    ***There is no posting bonus for this challenge since the template is being provided up front.
    ***Layouts unique to this challenge will qualify as one entry for the Scrappin' 7 Challenge
    ***GDS products are highly encouraged but not mandatory.

There are some photoless templates out there in cyberland but remember that any template can be modified to be a photoless layout if you have something you want to record but no appropriate photo. Here is an example:

Dawn of Simply You, Simply Me has lots of templates in her store and this is one I chose to convert to a photoless layout. Here is the result using her kit, Stolen Moments. Dawn's store with this template can be found here.

It is my hope that you are inspired and enjoy the liberation that a photoless layout can provide.

And here is some more inspiration from the gallery to get you rolling!

I don't know about you, but with all those wonderful layouts, I'm feeling truly inspired!!
    Last edited by briarwoodpups; 09-10-2011 at 07:17 AM.

I really looking forward to doing this challenge Jayne, I have never done a photoless LO before...I'll be back!!

Proudly on Creative Team for Andrea gold

Fabulous inspiration Jayne and thanks for the template!

I told you I was looking forward to this challenge Jayne, thanks for the inspiration..here is mine

5. Sam, I still can't get over how aweseome that layout is!!! Super glad you decided to take up the challenge! :)

Just updated the starter message in the thread to show how a template can be converted to photoless.

i'm really not very good at these, but i love seeing them. here's my attempt:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...hp?photo=97720

Quote Originally Posted by briarwoodpups View Post
    Sam, I still can't get over how aweseome that layout is!!! Super glad you decided to take up the challenge! :)
    Thanks Jayne I really enjoyed the challenge, love that template too, great idea on how to make it a photo free layout!

Smile Are We Married?

I enjoyed your challenge. Here's the link to my LO:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...hp?photo=98110

Thank you for hosting,
    Hugs, Diane
    diharper
    dianecropper@gmail.com

So I did use a picture for the background. Hope this is OK. Great challenge.

Here is my LO -- love how it makes me think outside the picture.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...3&limit=recent

wife, mother of 2 children and three cats