shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Picasa ???

Picasa ???

I downloaded it and think it is awesome. But I have some ??? Can I put in in my EHD? Someone told me that you shouldn't try to run programs from a RHD. If I can put it on my EHD do I need to uninstall and reinstall it or is there a way to just move it? Does anyone know anything about this? Also I have burned many files to DVDs and now would like to put them in Picasa. I know about the import feature but when I do it it doesn't keep them in folders. So now if I put them into Picasa I would have to regroup them into new folders. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Joni

I don't use Picasa but thought I'd bump your thread in hopes someone would be able to help :)

Thanks Debra.
    Joni

4. Hi Joni, I have Picasa on my EHD, and I haven't had any problems with it so far. However I installed it straight into my EHD, so I can't help you there. Are your photographs in folders within the DVD's?
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

The only thing on the DVDs are digital scraping files and kits. I have them in folders by designers. So to have to go back and make new folders would take a long time.
    Joni

I tell ya, I am always running up against computer snags.
    My pc is acting very strange and its under a year old. So, I am having Picasa pull all files [pictures and digi stuff] and from there I will move the whole kit and kaboodle over to the EHD?

Kathy

Kathy,
    Just remember that when you are looking at the files in Picasa it is not really the file itself it is just a thumnail. But at least you would have all the files and then right click on them and tell it to locate on disk. I would just install Picasa on your EHD and run it. It will still pull all your files from your hard drive. Hope you can figure out your pc woes.
    Joni