shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Oh dear.....

Oh dear.....

Ive just gone and bidded on Trade Me (an online auction in NZ) bit like Ebay. And I won the PSP console for my son intended for xmas. They retail for around $428. This one I got for $280 including postage. And according to the seller it was 99% brand new. So, if he is correct then i got a bargain for it but...it was $280 of money I dont have... credit card. I feel bad and sad and guilty but at the same time glad I got him something for christmas...so I dont have to worry about him now.

I have bidded on a Sanyo Pinkilicious Mobile phone for my daughter. They retail here for $243 brand new. Im the top bidder at the moment on $200 but I think I will only go as high as 215. Otherwise I am better of buying it brand new. Even tho these sellers say the phone is a month old... still. But again, that is $243 I dont have but I do have it available on my credit card

But it wouldnt be fair if I didnt get it for her. She soooo wants this cellphone even though she already has one but its not a pxt phone like the pinkilicious...so i thought it would make a great present to almost match the cost of her brothers present.

God, I dont know why i do this but I always buy expensively for the kids.
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

Trade me is bad...
    My partner has been selling a few things using my account so all emails go to both of our inboxes so he knows everything I buy... It means if I want to buy him a present for christmas I will have to go through a friends account.
    Good on you for getting ahead for Christmas though. I am writing my list of who to buy for this weekend and I'm going to finish my christmas cards too - unless we go to Queenstown in which case all plans go out the window.

Weather is cold here in the north island.. That wind is driving me nuts. Hows the weather down there? I bet it be even colder in Queenstown eh

I have just recieved the PSP and OMG he was telling the truth. It definitely looks brand new. I am yet to try it out though. Still Im so happy with it.