shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Please Help

1. Please Help

Hello I am new to this and was wondering if anyone knew where i could get my hands on some free alphabets?

Google on it, and lots of results will come up. If you stick around here, you'll see alphas come up from time to time in the Daily Downloads. Join in on the Daily Download Rewind program, and you can get some of those older offerings for free.

3. thanks hunnie,

just attempting my first siggy xx

Can't wait to see your siggy! =)

another way to get an alpha is to pick your favorite font, and enlarge it
    I usually make the font really large, copy that, rasterize the layer, and then add a stroke in a contrasting color to it.

i use the original text layer, move it on top of the new stroked/rasterized layer, and then add a slight shadow

it is a quick and easy way to do some title work or add an alpha-like text to your pages

have fun with your siggie :)

6. Smile curious

Hello I'm new to this fabulous web site.

The quick tutorial re: creating Alpha's sounds so interesting.

As a newbie to digital scrapping and using Photoshop 7.0, is there a tutorial in length showing exactly what or where to find things such as rasterizing, adding strokes and shadows? I'm up with the play on how to place text, pick a font and size it, but the rest just blows me away. I would so love to learn

Many thanks

Welcome....glad to have you aboard.

Here a a link to the Tutorial section here at GDS. It should get you started at least. I don't think there is a specific one on Liz's technique for creating an alpha title, but start with these tuts and see if they help you get the hang of Photoshop 7.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...page=tutorials

Welcome to GDS! In addition to the free tutorials Cathy directed you to ... I highly recommend the classes offerred by Andrea Gold. Keep us posted on how you're doing! Oh ... and we're happy to help with any questions ... just post 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by napiergirl View Post
    Hello I'm new to this fabulous web site.

The quick tutorial re: creating Alpha's sounds so interesting.

As a newbie to digital scrapping and using Photoshop 7.0, is there a tutorial in length showing exactly what or where to find things such as rasterizing, adding strokes and shadows? I'm up with the play on how to place text, pick a font and size it, but the rest just blows me away. I would so love to learn

Many thanks

9. Thank you

Thanks for the help & guidance to the tutorials, they're great I'm getting stuck in to these....no one will drag me away from this computor until I know the basics..lol

Quote Originally Posted by napiergirl View Post
    Thanks for the help & guidance to the tutorials, they're great I'm getting stuck in to these....no one will drag me away from this computor until I know the basics..lol
    You are so welcome. Sounds like you are hooked already! Welcome to this wonderful world of Digi-Scrapping.
    Warning.....it is Addicting