shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Paper Shredder

Paper Shredder

I'm thinking about buying an inexpensive paper shredder for my husband for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a brand of shredder?

Created by Pretty In Green using It's My Birthday by Pretty In Green
    Proudly creating for Pretty In Green and Twin Mom Scraps.

We have a small shredder -- NoviTech. It is wide enough to fit a legal sized envelope the long way. It works fine with several sheets of paper. It even has a reverse button, when things get stuck. My husband picked it up at Staples, and it wasn't really expensive and we have had it for several years. For what we use it for, it is fine. When he has stacks of things to shred, he does bring that to work to use the industrial shredder.

I dont know much at all about shredders. The one thing I can suggest is to read the labels to see what width the shredder can manage at the same time. I know that ours will not shred credit cards or heavy plastic. I dont know if that is a feature you are looking for or not, but just something to maybe keep in mind.

one more thought, ours shuts off when it jams (which happens when the dd is shredding junk mail -- she is five) We had a smaller one before this which did not shut off when things were stuck. If you have curious kiddos, might be something to think about.

good luck

Thanks for the info.

Created by Pretty In Green using It's My Birthday by Pretty In Green
    Proudly creating for Pretty In Green and Twin Mom Scraps.