shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Digiscrap Classes

Hybrid View

ferate Guest

Digiscrap Classes

i was just wondering of your guys's opinon on taking a digiscrap class. i am interseted in taking one however its really hard to fit into my schedule. but i was curious on if you would recommend taking one or just going online and looking thru tutorials and teach yourself.

Thanks for any and all feedback!

I highly recommend Andrea's classes. I have taken all of them thus far and I realy learned alot from Andrea. The classes are work at your own pace and they work with anyone's schedule. Please don't pass them up.

Created by Pretty In Green using It's My Birthday by Pretty In Green
    Proudly creating for Pretty In Green and Twin Mom Scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by webdesignmom View Post
    I highly recommend Andrea's classes. I have taken all of them thus far and I realy learned alot from Andrea. The classes are work at your own pace and they work with anyone's schedule. Please don't pass them up.

THANKS!
    i have experienced when my best friend tries to tell me what to do its like the blind leading the blind as far as showing because she lives in washington state and i live in north carolina, does this class include remote assistance if i cant figure out how to do what she's instructing? I'm a very hands on learner.

also. i'm interseted in photo editing as well as scrapping. is there classes on photo editing as well?

i made a new account because i didnt want my last name as my screen name and i emailed the webhost but i didnt hear back. if anyone knows how to deactivate an acct i'd appricate the advise as well..

thanks!
    Last edited by Dea; 11-09-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: ADDED INFO

Dea,
    Andrea has a place where you can post any questions you have while taking a class and if you are having trouble she has a place where you can send her your file and she will take a look at it to help you. Andrea's photoshop classes cover some photo editing. You may want to check out the photoshop classes. I'm not sure what you are realy looking for as far as editing but you can send Andrea a message and ask her more questions about the classes. I'm sure she would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dea View Post
    THANKS!
    i have experienced when my best friend tries to tell me what to do its like the blind leading the blind as far as showing because she lives in washington state and i live in north carolina, does this class include remote assistance if i cant figure out how to do what she's instructing? I'm a very hands on learner.

also. i'm interseted in photo editing as well as scrapping. is there classes on photo editing as well?

i made a new account because i didnt want my last name as my screen name and i emailed the webhost but i didnt hear back. if anyone knows how to deactivate an acct i'd appricate the advise as well..

thanks!
    hi there!
    we can help you to deactivate your account
    there is a "contact us" button at the bottom
    of the screen.
    you will need to provide the account info for
    the one you are not using. wouldn't want to be
    deleting someone else's account by mistake

about the classes,
    I have taken Andrea's classes as well
    It is like other online classes I have taken where you get
    access to the forum, homework assignments and the class
    lessons.
    You work at your own pace to complete the assignments,
    and yes Andrea is available to help you if you are stuck or
    might be needing more help.

depending on what software you are using, you may also
    have photo editing abilities. In digi-scrapping, most of us
    will adjust our photos, crop, brighten, color, or add effects.
    For me, all of that is part of digital scrapbooking.

when I first started, I was actually looking for some tutorials
    online for help with Photoshop. the digital scrapbooking community
    was much more open and helpful (in my opinion) that photography
    sites. I participated in challenges and chats and did as many
    tutorials as I could to get familiar with my program. It was the
    best thing for me. And, along the way, I realized that scrapping
    on my computer was much easier than paper scrapping, and the
    supplies were all in one place. With a newborn, that really
    appealed to me.

hope this helps!

Thank you guys so much!

thanks for all the feedback, its been truly helpful.
    I'm considering starting her class but it wont be until end of december or beg of janurary if possible. right now my schedule is so full with school and work. i'm gone over 14 hrs a day. but i will definatly be looking into it come the first of the year..

i just sent an email to the contact us about my old acct so hopefully it will be taken care of!

and i'd just like to say, i have been in another forum before and whenever i ask questions they either get looked over or they have hard to understand instructions or responces.. i just wanna say thank you to you guys for being so helpful and responsive!

I'm glad that we could help you.

8. Quote Originally Posted by webdesignmom View Post
    I hate to butt in, but I was reading this thread and have a couple of questions. Are Andrea's classes just for PhotoShop, or does she have classes for PaintShopPro also? Is there a link on the site to find out more information? I'm sorry for asking so many questions.

Andrea only teaches classes in photoshop and illustrator.

The classes are here in the GDS shop!

I like it to do the class in your own pace, and if you get stuck, Andrea is answering the questions!
    creative greetings,