shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask questions here...

Ask questions here...

Ok, I accidentally deleted this thread. I'm going to reconstruct it from a window that I still had open! Grrr!

Original message by Andrea

Post any questions you might have about any of the lessons here and I will reply with an answer. Make sure you tell me what lesson you are asking about and what page in the tutorial you are having trouble with if applicable. I generally check questions several times a day. If you notice a delay in getting your question answered, I am probably pondering the best answer for you and will post as soon as possible but don't be afraid to ask again in case I missed it. The forum is suppose to email me when there is a new post but rarely a question may end up in my spam folder. Also, I am not online on Sundays so I answer any Sunday questions on Monday. :)

layer styles

(Originally posted by AHayes61)

I have CS5... most of the differences I can figure out but I was trying to select another color in the color overlay section under layer styles. I just seem to have red only. How can I bring up the color picker in that section?

Thanks
    Andrea
    Last edited by Andrea; 08-11-2010 at 09:46 AM.

It's the same process whether you have CS5 or not. You click on the color box to bring up the picker. Then, you can choose a color from the picker or from your swatches panel.

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post

I have CS5... most of the differences I can figure out but I was trying to select another color in the color overlay section under layer styles. I just seem to have red only. How can I bring up the color picker in that section?

Thanks
    Andrea
    Last edited by Andrea; 01-31-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

Well, that was simple. Thanks so much. I am new to CS and the previous versions look different on that screen.
    Last edited by Andrea; 08-11-2010 at 09:47 AM.

pattern

I was working on the pattern lesson. The size seems to be off. I saved the pattern but when I started stamping on the new image it broke it down into sections 3x2 1/2 bricks under it. Something seems to be off with my size. I noticed brushes that are very big are not that big on my new images. Please help...

I need you to give me a screenshot of what you are seeing. All you have to do is press the PRT SCR (print screen) button. Then, start a new image file in PS. It will read the size of the clipboard and prompt you with preset sizes for the new image. Don't change anything...just start a new image file. Then, go to Edit->Paste. Save that file and upload it here:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/11927252/...hop_files.html

Let me know when you have uploaded it so I can take a look. :)

I was working on the pattern lesson. The size seems to be off. I saved the pattern but when I started stamping on the new image it broke it down into sections 3x2 1/2 bricks under it. Something seems to be off with my size. I noticed brushes that are very big are not that big on my new images. Please help...

ok

I figured it out. I noticed when I was looking at the image size and comparing the cropped image to the new file the pixels were different even though the inches and dpi was the same. I started over and matched the pixel size instead and now it worked. Not sure what I did wrong but it is fine now...
    Andrea

Great job! Glad you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post

I figured it out. I noticed when I was looking at the image size and comparing the cropped image to the new file the pixels were different even though the inches and dpi was the same. I started over and matched the pixel size instead and now it worked. Not sure what I did wrong but it is fine now...
    Andrea

Another

Sorry I seem to be the only one asking questions... Here is another I was working on the paper tear. It looks ok but I noticed when I was setting up the brush under the texture setting the option for minimus depth is greyed out... not sure why? When using the eraser tool with my pen tablet should the opacity be 100%?