Results 1 to 10 of 88
10-13-2010, 06:19 PM #1
Anyone up for a SPEED SCRAP Thurs., Oct. 21st?
We haven't had much happening here since the birthday bash and the last Speed Scrap that Lisa hosted, I couldn't attend. If you're up for it, let's try one. I think 6:00 pm PST (9 pm EST) seems to work doesn't it?
If there's enough interest, let's do it!
Here are the steps we've done so far:
Choose 2 or 3 photos with bright or vivid colors (enhance them, if necessary) and three or more papers (that coordinate with your photos). One must be solid and two with patterns.
Frame or put a stroke around at least 1 of your photos.
Create at least one cluster with one of your photos. Layer some scraps of paper, a ribbon or string, and stitching.
I'd like to see some circles, lots of them, not just one! They can be circular shaped elements. I'll leave the amount up to you.
Put your date on an element and attach it to your page with a button, tape, stitching or a staple.
Title your page using a font AND an alpha, and add a small bit of journaling. It doesn't have to be much, just enough to go along with your title. It doesn't have to go right with the title.
Add some embellishments to your page – use as many as you wish, but repeat one element type five times and one element type three times for sure. Add any shadows you think will enhance your page. You have one additional hour to complete and tune up your layout. Then upload to the gallery by 10:30 am ET 7:30 pm PT. Don't forget to post a link to your page in this thread so we can see your marvelous layouts and leave you some love. Can't wait to see your layouts!
That's it ladies! In a nutshell. Look for a PM from me, probably in the morning for your PP's and the lucky winner of the $5.00 gift certificate to my store!
I've done a draw through Random.org and drew a winning post number to win $5.00 in my store.
The winning post number is 47! The winner is VICTORIA32. I will PM you with a gift certificate to my store! Congratulations!
Thanks to all who participated. It was great and there were some fabulous layouts!
Last edited by Darlene Currie; 10-22-2010 at 09:59 PM.
10-13-2010, 06:32 PM #2
10-13-2010, 06:46 PM #3
I would love to do a speed scrap and I should be home by that time
10-13-2010, 07:57 PM #4
sounds good to me! I will plan on being around for it![IMG][/IMG]
10-14-2010, 10:25 AM #5
Sounds fun! I'll try to be here!
10-14-2010, 06:09 PM #6
10-21-2010, 09:40 AM #7
I might be able to participate. Cewtainly need to get back into the scrapping habit and not time better than the present :) Thanks for offering, Darlene :)
10-21-2010, 12:49 PM #8
I thought I would get this thing going a little bit early, in case some of you are going to be tight for time. First off, let's explain this a bit!
Here is the basic Speed Scrap info:
Starting at the top of the hour, I will post your first instruction, followed by 1 more step every ten minutes through the hour!
At the top of the second hour, I will post the last instruction and then you'll have 1 additional hour to finish and post your layouts.
Some important things to remember to make the Speed Scrap go a bit smoother:
• The instructions/steps are all pretty self-explanatory, but also remember that you can interpret them creatively. I'm not a drill sergeant! Do the best you can on the instructions, but don't freak out over them. Be creative! Please don't stress - remember this is for fun!
• Go Digital products are NOT required, but of course, we love it when you use them!!
• I will re-cap all the steps/requirements at the end of the hour in my first post of this thread.
• We will do the chat in this thread. I've had the odd problem lately with the chat room, so to make sure everything runs as smooth as it can, we'll just chat in this thread.
• There will be a posting bonus for everyone and I will draw one lucky winner (through random.org) to win a $5.00 coupon to my store. I will use all the thread posting numbers in this thread.
HERE IS YOUR FIRST INSTRUCTION, so you can maybe get a head-start on what we're going to do:
1. Choose 2 or 3 photos with bright or vivid colors (enhance them, if necessary) and three or more papers (that coordinate with your photos). One must be solid and two with patterns.
See you at the Speed Scrap!
10-21-2010, 02:03 PM #9GDS Addict
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- B.C., Canada
Thanks for the heads up on the speed scrap. I'm on a very slow internet connection, and also an underpowered laptop, so being able to collect the photos and papers ahead of time helps.,
10-21-2010, 02:05 PM #10GDS Admirer
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
I have never done a SS, but sounds like fun. I will give it a try.