shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Scrap - Friday, Sept 24th!

Sorry Chris. I'm having trouble keeping up with folks tonight. I see it was Jenn who lost her layout. I hope you can get it back together Jenn.

(1) Select TWO coordinating background papers. Preferably these papers will have a light pattern ... no SOLID papers. Choose one to be the background or bottom paper, then place the second on top leaving about an inch of the bottom paper showing on one of the sides -- this could be the right, the left, the bottom or the top ... your choice!

(2) Select ONE photo and place it on your page. Feel free to add a treatment or technique to the photo ... for instance, depending on the colors and patterns of your paper choice ... maybe a black and white, or a sepia- toned photo would look best. Or NOT ... it's up to you!

(3) Select some sort of frame for your photo. Traditional frame placement is fine, but feel free to be creative ... like placing the frame behind the photo instead of over it. Again ... it's totally up to you!

(4) Grab some elements that will coordinate with your papers and the photo, and cluster them closely around the photo and frame. As many as you like ... or as few as you like ... totally up to you! Are ya experiencing a zen moment ... ahhh ... speed scrapping with no stress!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

(5) To further define the edge between the two papers, grab a piece of lace and layer it between the two ... let the edge of the lace peek out from underneath the top paper ... and, to polish the edge further, grab some sort of stitching and place it on the edge of the top piece of paper - close to the lace edge. OR ... just lemme see some lace and stitchin' somewhere on your page ...

(6) Create a title!

(7) Last step: Add any additional journaling needed (you know I'm big on journaling, right?!), and date your page!
    You have one additional hour to complete and polish up your layout ... add shadowing and any additional embellishments that will make your page your own! Post your layout in the Speed Scrap gallery => HERE -- and link it back to this thread so we can leave ya some love!
    Last edited by SparkysGirl; 09-24-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    I just got here, so sorry I forgot about this, but I'm going to try to do this in the time I've got left.
    Hi Dona! I bet you can get caught up ...

Quote Originally Posted by tbcarter2002 View Post
    Yeah, had to use creative license here too. Can't find lace so will have to improvise.

Bummer Chris. I bet you can put it back together though.

Cathy, I'll be about 100 miles from you if you are going to Sevierville, TN. We are leaving on Oct 9 to go to Johnson City to pack up my mom and move her down here to Louisiana.
    Yep Terri...we will be there 8th thru the 11th. After all that has gone on with our families these last few weeks, we are all ready for this trip.

Lisa- Thanks so much for hosting this awesome speed scrap. I love to speed scrap. I always think we need more of them!

Dona- GO FOR IT- I know you can complete it in time because you're awesome like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Girl View Post
    Lisa- Thanks so much for hosting this awesome speed scrap. I love to speed scrap. I always think we need more of them!

Dona- GO FOR IT- I know you can complete it in time because you're awesome like that.
    Awww ... THANKS! I'm glad you enjoyed it ...

Thanks Lisa, BBL with my page

okay, i am off to finish up
    thanks for the fun SS
    i am usually all about filling up the space, but i am sort of liking
    my streamlined page i am attempting

9. Ok... forgot to add the date so I'm off to do that.

I'll PM the coupon for your CUTE, CUTE, CUTE posting bonus provided by Holly ...
    and one of y'all will receive a $5 coupon to Hollys store via random drawing.

BIG THANKS TO HOLLY for both the coupon and the posting bonus!!!!