shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask questions here...

Ask questions here...

Post any questions you might have about any of the lessons here and I will reply with an answer. Make sure you tell me what lesson you are asking about and what page in the tutorial you are having trouble with if applicable. I generally check questions several times a day. If you notice a delay in getting your question answered, I am probably pondering the best answer for you and will post as soon as possible but don't be afraid to ask again in case I missed it. The forum is suppose to email me when there is a new post but rarely a question may end up in my spam folder. Also, I am not online on Sundays so I answer any Sunday questions on Monday. :)

2. Hi-

I am completing the homework for lesson 1b...after I complete the steps, and go to save my work....there is no option to save it as a jpg or even gif. What am i doing wrong? how should it be saved to post it to the gallery?

thanks,
    Sandy

Go to image->mode and check your color mode. It should be RGB Color and 8 bits/channel. Then, try to save again. Let me know if that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by slrolfs View Post
    Hi-

I am completing the homework for lesson 1b...after I complete the steps, and go to save my work....there is no option to save it as a jpg or even gif. What am i doing wrong? how should it be saved to post it to the gallery?

thanks,
    Sandy

4. yes, that fixed the problem....

#4. in the homework for lesson 1b said to "change the image mode to "index color" using 256 colors and Web under the forced box."

did I interpret that wrong? Just trying to figure out where I went wrong

Thanks so much,
    Sandy

Oops, I wasn't paying attention on that question. Yes, you are changing to indexed color for the homework. Then, you will see the option to save as GIF. It's going to say CompuServe GIF and that's the one you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by slrolfs View Post
    yes, that fixed the problem....

#4. in the homework for lesson 1b said to "change the image mode to "index color" using 256 colors and Web under the forced box."

did I interpret that wrong? Just trying to figure out where I went wrong

Thanks so much,
    Sandy

6. AHHHHH...yes, ok I see it now.
    ok, got it. Thank you

7. I have downloaded all my lessons and have taken a sneak peek to see what is in store. I am loving it all!!!! However, when I open the working file for 3b it contains an "atn" file which Windows can't open. Not sure what to do with that.

That's an action file. You will use it when you do your homework. You can right click and tell windows to open it with photoshop and it will open in your actions panel. Don't get too far ahead of yourself though.

Quote Originally Posted by dorieinbeijing View Post
    I have downloaded all my lessons and have taken a sneak peek to see what is in store. I am loving it all!!!! However, when I open the working file for 3b it contains an "atn" file which Windows can't open. Not sure what to do with that.

9. Thanks! I didn't look at the homework...just downloaded everything. I get so excited with it all!! The lessons are fantastic ...very clear and easy to understand. Who can blame me for getting excited...lol

Excitement is good. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dorieinbeijing View Post
    Thanks! I didn't look at the homework...just downloaded everything. I get so excited with it all!! The lessons are fantastic ...very clear and easy to understand. Who can blame me for getting excited...lol