shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you go digital?

I was drawn to digi scrapping by seeing digital layouts posted on web versions of paper scrapping magazines and being amazed at the level of creativity I saw there. That, and the fact that so many of my photos needed serious editing anyways, made digi scrapping a no-brainer. I could edit a photo and have a digital version of the original. I'm also a fan of the fact that there are no supplied strewn over my kitchen table on a daily basis!

I started making greeting cards - the paper kind - years ago and would *make* my own paper and colours if I couldn't find the what I wanted in the shops. I used an old antiquated program called Microsoft Picture It!. I was given PhotoShop as a gift, so I thought I better learn how to use it. That's when I went looking for courses. Nothing locally interested me or related to what I was doing, so I turned to the internet and found this forum. I signed up classes and then thought.. WOW that's information overload.. I better start using this to reinforce what I've learned. THAT's when I started digi-scrapping. I've been hooked ever since. I still make paper greeting cards but now it's so much easier to align everything for cutting out later or for the sentiments etc. AND I get to give my family pages!

can't imagine where we'd be without digital! Especially now with all our cell phones with our pics on them too! Who'd have ever thunk it

4. Don't tell anyone.....it's the only thing I know! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by createdbyjill View Post
    Don't tell anyone.....it's the only thing I know! LOL
    lol... me too... I couldn't do the paper scrapping if my life depended on it! (will keep your secret).. and I think we're all happy about it too!

B/c my little kids & toddlers couldn't rip up the digipaper, tear my acrylic stamps, scatter my glitter embossing powder, use my archival quality markers/pens to write on themselves, etc.

Although, my toddler did rip all the keys of my keyboard.
    hugs, Angi

7. I paper scrapped for 10 years and LOVED it. I still have a stash, 12 albums, and 5 that need finishing. They were interrupted by digital work 5 years ago! I loved making things via a program called Print Shop, and saw Digital Scrapping articles in the paper scrap mags. Didn't quite "get it", till I found out about digifree. Funny, huh? that is how I learned that this world existed.
    I love doing it because space is limited right now. I like the options of changing a page without stress, and the varied styles you can create with the pc.
    BUT I do paper works, am an altered artist, and art journaler- so I found that they can go hand in hand, and have the best of both worlds!! I do what I call reverse hybrid: create on paper and convert it to digital!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I paper scrapped for 10 years and LOVED it. I still have a stash, 12 albums, and 5 that need finishing. They were interrupted by digital work 5 years ago! I loved making things via a program called Print Shop, and saw Digital Scrapping articles in the paper scrap mags. Didn't quite "get it", till I found out about digifree. Funny, huh? that is how I learned that this world existed.
    I love doing it because space is limited right now. I like the options of changing a page without stress, and the varied styles you can create with the pc.
    BUT I do paper works, am an altered artist, and art journaler- so I found that they can go hand in hand, and have the best of both worlds!! I do what I call reverse hybrid: create on paper and convert it to digital!
    Reverse hibrid... Nice term!

I have been a die hard paper scrapper for 15 years. Never in a million years thought I would do any digital scrapping ever LOL I turned digital out of necessity. we spend 2 weeks at out cabin in the mountains between Christmas and New Year. I brought all my sb supplies, but forgot my adhesive - bummer! Couldn't do anything. Since one of my friends Deanna has been raving about digital scrapping, I looked into learning how. Took a class with Jessica Sprague and the rest is history. Now I am a die hard digit scrapper haha and loving it :)

I love digital scrapping and that all my supplies are essentially in a small space.
    I am still trying to clean up my crafting room so that I can scrap in there again, but the flexibility of the laptop and the shopping right from my little spot makes it so easy for me. Sometimes I even bring my laptop with me when my daughter is at an activity or playing at MacDonald's!

I still make cards and lots of "hybrid" crafts, especially now that there are school projects and activities. I think I am one of the few moms who loves class parties, just because I have a chance to do some scrapping. For Valentines Day we are making a Bingo game to bring in to class. One side of
    the card is a Valentine theme and for the back -- the children will have 25 sight words to paste on the card to use in class at a later time. Just printing
    out some words using fun (free) fonts and then cutting them up is a snap
    with my rotary cutter and self healing mat that I use for both my scrapping
    and fabric crafts. So I get to create in digi-style and then cut up and glue,
    but small projects! it is the best of both worlds.