shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Hints on how to organize your folders ?

You guys are awesome. I am loving the tips. The preview one worked great. Much easier than the way I was doing it!

Does anyone use tagging withing PSE7? I believe it is possible with it, just haven't tried it.

Thanks for sharing everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CGOOD View Post
    I hope this made sense. I know this is a silly question but how do you enter a quote from somebody's post to mine, i can't seem to get it right?
    Chris,
    Instead of hitting the general "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the page, click on the "quote" button within the particular post you want to reply to and it will appear on your posting screen. You can remove parts of it as I did here, just be sure to leave the beginning and ending html codes that are within the straight brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Chris,
    Instead of hitting the general "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the page, click on the "quote" button within the particular post you want to reply to and it will appear on your posting screen. You can remove parts of it as I did here, just be sure to leave the beginning and ending html codes that are within the straight brackets.
    Thanks so much Dona & Anna
    Chris

I think you are right....we can do this with pse 7. I've never done it but I've seen the option. Maybe I should go try. Let me know if you figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    You guys are awesome. I am loving the tips. The preview one worked great. Much easier than the way I was doing it!

Does anyone use tagging withing PSE7? I believe it is possible with it, just haven't tried it.

Thanks for sharing everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by agarzaldynrd View Post
    I think you are right....we can do this with pse 7. I've never done it but I've seen the option. Maybe I should go try. Let me know if you figure it out.
    Same for you Anna. I am wondering how much space it would use in PSE? Would it cause the program to slow down? I know I want to do something. I searched forever during the last speed scrap for a round frame, and would love to be able to tag things and find them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Same for you Anna. I am wondering how much space it would use in PSE? Would it cause the program to slow down? I know I want to do something. I searched forever during the last speed scrap for a round frame, and would love to be able to tag things and find them easily.
    I did the same thing. Couldn't find round stitches or doodle frames....it drove me crazy!!! But I bet you are right, it will slow down pse.

I'm not sure this would work but i'm going to suggest it anyway... I think if you put a tag on your photo/scrapbook stash items, and then do a search with Windows...
    start/search/all files and folders/ and then enter the tag in the *A word or phrase in the file* and then scroll down the dialogue box and navigate to where you want it to search.. I would locate all the files in that set of folders/drive that have the tag words in the file. This would then not slow your PSE down as you're not using it to locate a file. You then just drag the file to into PSE.

I can't test it at the moment to see if it works well because I'm backing up my entire system.. and I've got only 20% CPU to use.. which means I can't open ACDSee or PS or Bridge.. as they are memory hogs.. so can't tag anything to test.. but the theory makes sense because I know you can search on date. I'll test it later.

Ohio - but ready to move to the desert or the Caribbean.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGOOD View Post
    Anna, to get the preview picture on your folder, click on it's thumbnail & go to properties, then click customize. There will be a spot that says chose picture,then you can find the preview pic of the kit and hit apply. The picture should be on the front of the folder as long as you have set your folders as thumbnails.

I hope this made sense. I know this is a silly question but how do you enter a quote from somebody's post to mine, i can't seem to get it right?

Chris, mine doesn't have that option to choose from. I made sure they are thumbnails. All I get is general and summary.

Is there something else I need to be doing?
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by ATWIGO View Post
    Chris, mine doesn't have that option to choose from. I made sure they are thumbnails. All I get is general and summary.

that could depend on what system you use. i do the exact same thing with all my folders and i have windows xp. my sister has vista & she can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ATWIGO View Post

Make sure you are Right Clicking. I just left you a message in the other thread with the instructions. Hope you figure it out.