shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Borderless Printing

1. Borderless Printing

I have PS Elements 3 and an Epson 1280 large format printer. Can anyone please, please tell me how to print without a white margin? I check the printer's book and tried their suggestion and I've tried a million other options to no avail. Please help!
    Thanks,
    Shauna

2. Oh dang, I wish I could help you on that one......I hope someone is able to help you!!!!!
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

I have and HP not sure how similar they are. When I print it offers the sizes like 4x6 and then 4x6 borderless and so on. Is there maybe a print customizing choice anywhere?

I have cannon printers, so I'm not sure if this info is helpful or not, but cannon printers have a check box for borderless when you go into the printing preferences.

5. still no luck

I've tried both of your suggestions. There is a borderless setting, but even with that, I still get a white border! Thanks for your help. Is there anyone out there that uses the Epson 1280 large format?

Shauna

Question

I have a Lexmark printer so I am no help with your specifics, but there should be an online help available at the HP site--have you tried that option?

I have this printer and its very picky. Try the following:

1. You can't use "user defined" paper size, so basically you can only print borderless on 8.5x11 and other standard sizes such as 8x10 etc. I have never had it work borderless on 12x12. The closest I can get on 12x12 is a little smaller than 1/8 inch border. I also have an HP wide format printer that is this same way. The borderless settings are only programmed for standard sizes.

2. Make sure you are using the "fit to media" option on a standard size.

3. Check your paper type (plain, glossy etc.) because borderless printing does not work on some types of media.

4. Make sure you have selected "maximum" and "centered" in the page setup menu.

Hopefully this helps! I love my Epson wide format other than it won't do borderless on 12x12.

Be very careful with borderless printing - ink will spill over the edges and eventually ruin your printer. Been there, done that. Expensive. You might want to consider having them printed for you instead.

Another alternative might be to buy coordinating 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper, then mounting your slightly small print on it. I do that even with my 8 x 10 prints now, using a removable double-sided scrapbook tape.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!