shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Layout Info/Credits

1. I sincerely do find it easiest to use the "notes" annotation in Photoshop. I have always used this area for my layout credits because it was always available in PS when I first began using Version 7 several years ago up to now in CS4e. And it is always visible when you have your layout open.

You can keep it closed and it minds its own business off to the side of your layout or wherever you decide to drag it. It is much easier to keep track of the PS note than a text file or notebook because it is actually attached to your layout. You can change the color and size of the note and font too. I usually use a pink note!

If I have a ton of layouts that I am doing, I may use a .txt file on my desktop for easier access, but it has to be several different lo's that I am working on at the same time before I will start a .txt file up. My second option would be to use a text layer and hide the visibility.

Experiment and see what suits your needs the best!!!
    Last edited by southflascrapper; 01-06-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Lone Great tip, anything i find i will add for people that dont know and it saves them from searching the web.

3. What a great tip. I love it when people share their tips! I typically rename the layer in the layer palette with the product name, and designer name if I use more than one kit. I never new there was a note feature. :)

4. Oh I am so excited I came across this thread! I was just sitting here wondering what an easier way would be to document the credits/info on my layouts. did the search and this popped up. Thanks for all the great info! Shucks PSE doesn't have the notes tool but at least I can put it in the file propertied as someone suggested. Thanks!

5. comments space

Hi
    'Comments or notes' is found in the properties section of each element.

right click the element> show properties>

and an information square will appear. It has the name of the element who made it, where you keep it and the size.

On PSE6 the 'Note" section is where you can put whatever info you want in and it won't print.

I never thought of putting the store info there. What a clever idea.
    Last edited by Kythe; 03-30-2010 at 07:11 AM.

I just re-read this and what a great idea. I normally try to use one kit so that I don't have to go back and forth looking for what I used and what the store address is!!! Thanks for reviving this thread. I'm going to go try it now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kythe View Post
    On PSE6 the 'Note" section is where you can put whatever info you want in and it won't print.

where's the "note" section? i have PSE7 but am hoping it has it too. i can't find it anywhere though & that would be so nice to have!

Quote Originally Posted by agarzaldynrd View Post
    I just re-read this and what a great idea. I normally try to use one kit so that I don't have to go back and forth looking for what I used and what the store address is!!! Thanks for reviving this thread. I'm going to go try it now!!
    i totally use 1 kit at a time but it's only because i'm not creative enough to mix them with each other haha! i figure that's why the designers make the kits

Quote Originally Posted by Kythe View Post
    Hi
    'Comments or notes' is found in the properties section of each element.

right click the element> show properties>

and an information square will appear. It has the name of the element who made it, where you keep it and the size.

I use PSE7 and can't find "properties" anywhere. When I right-click on an open element it doesn't come up with "properties" and I don't see a "Note" selection anywhere either. Where do I look for it?

Quote Originally Posted by crystals622 View Post
    In PSE go to File and then File Info. If you list all your products there it becomes part of the metadata fo the finished page. It's the closest thing I'm aware of that is similar to what is described here.
    Try this in PSE 7 girls.