shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Layout Info/Credits

Layout Info/Credits

After reading Dona's thread on how we are to fill out the *keyword* field and the *Products* field on our layout uploads, I'd been painstakingly making lists of everything used in the layouts (paper, elements, fonts, etc) so as to correctly give credit and post it properly.

THEN I discovered Photoshop has a *comments* tool!! I now list what I use directly into the comment field. This does 2 things:

1. gets rid of all the lists I make and
    2. records it on the layout so in a years time from now I'll know what I used and where it came from!

I can go back now and see what I've done without having to guess where it came from, and it doesn't get printed either! The comments dialogue box is always on top of the layout so there's no going back and forth from window to window - just have to click on it to open/add something to the list. Easy Peasy!!

I LOVE IT and thought some of you might find it handy too. I'm not sure if the other programs have this tool - sorry :( .
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 01-04-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Where in photoshop did you find it? It does sound like a cool tool. I use photoshop elements....sometimes they have similar features.

I'm with Anna--I use PSE 7. If anyone knows if it has this feature I would love to know. That would be an awesome tool for sure.

I'm not sure if the other programs have it but this is what it looks like in CS3:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen-dump.jpg  

5. AWESOME tip, Lone! Thanks for sharing it!

Super tip, makes things so much easier!

Thanks for the tip!

If anyone is using CS4 and has trouble finding it, it's called Notes. Just go to Window > Notes and it will pop up. It's not in the same toolbar as CS3, but you can move it to wherever you want!

Thanks for that Tricia! I was thinking about that at 2am and thinking *I've forgotten to put in what it's really called!* Funny how it happens at 2am!!!

In CS3 it's called the Note tool as well and the keyboard shortcut is the letter *N*. I guess I called it a comment tool because in Microsoft Word and Excell it's a comment tool.. sorry if I confused anyone!

Cool tip! Thanks!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

You're very welcome! I'm just happy that I could pass it on although I'm sure a lot of you knew about it before.