shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teacher Gifts??

Teacher Gifts??

Does any one have any fun and easy teacher gift ideas?
    I have no clue what would be good for a preschool teacher

what have you made or found that you really liked?

Long, long, long ago when my kids were in Pre-K ... we made a gift as a class ... it took a little planning, but it turned out so cute.

We took a sweatshirt in and asked to borrow each child one at a time so the teacher wouldn't see what we were doing ... we painted the bottom of one of their little "feet" and had them step randomly on the sweatshirt (the paint was for fabric) ... we used primary colors, since it was for Pre-K. The sweartshirt ended up with little foot prints all over it.

We then stenciled: "Being a Pre-K teacher is no small feat" on the sweatshirt ... turned out cute!

The next year we did the same thing on one of those "director" chairs that has a canvas seat and back. It was cute, too ... and the teacher LOVED it! The other teachers were envious!

Other ideas: gift certificates to a restaurant, coffee shop, school supply place, etc.

As a Preschool Educator, what I enjoy the most is not the gift itself but a card just saying that you reconize a job well done and that staff are appreciated & valued. We still have people refer to us as babysitters, & that hurts because we do so much more.

Depending on you budget, & how many staff you have to buy for, these are a couple of gifts I have received- a manicure certificate or a gift card for a coffee shop.

I hope this helps.
    Chris

4. Those are awesome ideas! I have three teachers to buy for, so I'm looking for good ideas too!

5. I made little glass tile necklaces. Not too expensive and my kids helped. I'll take a pic and post if I remember ;) LOL
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

Oh, yeah...gift certificates for anything relaxing like mani/pedi, Starbucks, bookstore gift cards...step away from the apple themed stuff ladies.

Things that the parents get together and plan is heartwarming as well. It is also nice to get a card that the child has written or helped write.

Quote Originally Posted by elenasworld View Post
    Does any one have any fun and easy teacher gift ideas?
    I have no clue what would be good for a preschool teacher

what have you made or found that you really liked?
    A BIG roll of Duct Tape? it comes in many colours! hehehe

something the teacher could use would be ideal . most teachers have closets full of things kids/parents make and while they may cherish these most teachers don't make a bundle of money and might like a gift certificate to a special restaurant or movie pass. Just think what you might like and that should make it easier. good luck and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by SparkysGirl View Post
    Long, long, long ago when my kids were in Pre-K ... we made a gift as a class ... it took a little planning, but it turned out so cute.

We took a sweatshirt in and asked to borrow each child one at a time so the teacher wouldn't see what we were doing ... we painted the bottom of one of their little "feet" and had them step randomly on the sweatshirt (the paint was for fabric) ... we used primary colors, since it was for Pre-K. The sweartshirt ended up with little foot prints all over it.

We then stenciled: "Being a Pre-K teacher is no small feat" on the sweatshirt ... turned out cute!

The next year we did the same thing on one of those "director" chairs that has a canvas seat and back. It was cute, too ... and the teacher LOVED it! The other teachers were envious!

Other ideas: gift certificates to a restaurant, coffee shop, school supply place, etc.
    Along the same line....paint the children's hands green and have them place the green print of their hand in a circular pattern. Attach a bow and you have a wreath on the front of a t-shirt or sweatshirt. Also, if you take red material paint with a fine tip, you can write their names on their hands and make it look like red berries on the wreath.

Lastyear I bought a whisk for the kitchen .. filled it with Hershey kisses and wrapped in colorful Seran(SP) wrap. Wrapped a pretty ribbon around it and made tags that read:

We "whisk" you a Merry Christmas.

It was a hit with the 2 teachers .. you can always use a whisk in your kitchen and everyone LOVES Hershey kisses. It was also nice because the kids got to make it by putting the kisses in the whisk.