shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Party Decoration Help

More fantastic ideas. Love the nugget idea. We are definitely going to use your idea Liz for the mason jars with buttons, and I am going to make the top of the jars look like pincushions. Now just to find lots of cheap buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by mosser77 View Post
    Liz, I did that exact thing as favors for our wedding...except I'm pretty sure I didn't have a rotary cutter!!
    That is so cool Erin! I wasn't scrapping when I got married, but I sure wish I had been.
    I use my rotary cutter for everything -- i cant cut straight with scissors, paper trimmers or xacto knives, so I break out the sewing supplies. I have a 36" self healing mat and I am good to go -- the best thing is -- they have a deckled edge blade -- oh, I love it for cards and invitations!

Hey Cathy
    try "antique" stores or second hand shops -- very often they have tons of buttons. I used to live near an awesome one that had patterns, fabric, crafting magazines, vintage thread and barrels of buttons sold by the scoop!

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Now just to find lots of cheap buttons!
    Try garage sales and second hand stores - you can usually get bags or jars of them for fairly little. If all else fails, you can get big bags of mixed buttons at craft super stores (Michaels/JoAnns/Hobby Lobby), they are still a good price, just not as good as 'used'.

I'll be waiting patiently for the layouts from the photos you take at the party.

Thanks ladies. You have all been fantastic with your idea. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. I know Mom is going to love it.

5. Wow...................what great ideas here!! Another one is to take photos at the party and then print them onto fabric for a quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyll View Post
    Wow...................what great ideas here!! Another one is to take photos at the party and then print them onto fabric for a quilt.
    Thanks Jhyll. Another great idea. Mom is going to be busy after the party, lol.

7. Liz is AWESOME! I think she should be an event planner...she has so many FABULOUS ideas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j_camargo6 View Post
    Liz is AWESOME! I think she should be an event planner...she has so many FABULOUS ideas!!!
    I totally agree. She is fabulous. Too bad she is in Northern Ohio instead of Central Ohio, I would have to hire her expertise for the party, lol.