shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Glitter Styles

Hybrid View

Glitter Styles

Could someone please explain how you use the "Glitter Styles"? Thanks!

Great question. I have a couple of them and have never used them because I don't know how. I use pse 7.

I looked for tutorials on this at GDS and didn't find any but Misty Cato has some great tutorials on her site for installing styles. Here are the links:

Loading and Using Layer Styles in PS
    Loading and Using Layer Styles ins PSE

Actually Anna, I looked at this tutorial for elements and realized she wrote the tutorial for PSE4. The method for installing styles changed with either 6 or 7. Here is a link that has tutorials for all versions of PSE:
    Installing Layer Styles in PSE-All Versions

I hope this helps. Styles are so much fun to play with and you can create some really neat, interesting effects with them.
    Last edited by tbcarter2002; 07-10-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbcarter2002 View Post
    I looked for tutorials on this at GDS and didn't find any but Misty Cato has some great tutorials on her site for installing styles. Here are the links:

Loading and Using Layer Styles in PS
    Loading and Using Layer Styles ins PSE

Actually Anna, I looked at this tutorial for elements and realized she wrote the tutorial for PSE4. The method for installing styles changed with either 6 or 7. Here is a link that has tutorials for all versions of PSE:
    Installing Layer Styles in PSE-All Versions

I hope this helps. Styles are so much fun to play with and you can create some really neat, interesting effects with them.
    Thanks so much for the helpful links! I've wondered the same thing myself. Maybe now they can get put to good use.

Thanks Teri for sharing these.

Thanks Teri, I'm gonna need to go there now!!!

In general, styles help you make a shape, a paper, a layer, or some other type of element take on certain characteristics. Shadow styles add a specific type of shadow, with varying depth, distance, and color. Glitter styles make the element or shape be covered in glitter of a particular color. If you want just a bit of glitter on something (like a stroked edge), you'd need to add the stroke, select just the stroke, make a new layer with the stroke selection, and add the glitter style to the new layer. Then you could leave it separate or merge it with the element layer below.

In order to use a style, you have to load it into your application. That may be a different process for each program, but you can find out how to do this in your online manual. Search on "load style." Once you've loaded the glitter styles, they will appear in your style palette ready for use on the layer. Glitter sheets can be used as patterns within a complex layer style, too.