shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does everyone do a 2 page layout digitally?

1. Thank u for all of the very helpful tips!! It is great to be part of such a helpful community. I will give both ways a try!! Thanks again.

AMBER

I'd do mine as 2 12 by 12s and then perhaps put them together after I had flattened the image on completion.
    I'd do this way as my layouts are usually complicated with many many elements - it would help me keep track of all the layers and also what I had on each side.
    It;s not very often that a print a layout - so that part of things doesn't worry me but you can always transfer them onto a 24 x 12 page later.

I've done it both ways, but normally as two files. One thing that helps me is to duplicate a layer but put it on the other file so I can nudge it over and still be in line with the other page.

4. Looks like you already have plenty of answers, but since I always do my pages as 2 pagers I can't help but chime in. :) I create each page seperately as its own 12x12 LO. If I have elements/photos that span both pages, then after I have each page done, I create a new blank file at 12x24 & drag my two 12x12 pages onto the new canvas & make adjustments as necessary. Good luck!

5. Seperating 2 page

I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I was looking at another scrapbook site the other day and Manda had tutorials about seperating double page templates. Very interesting.

http://mandagirl.com/tips-and-tutorials

Gosh ... this is a GREAT question. I never really gave it any thought ... I always create two separate pages. I like the tips provided, though, on creating the two-pagers on one canvas. I'm gonna give it a try, too!

7. Quote Originally Posted by napiergirl View Post
    I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I was looking at another scrapbook site the other day and Manda had tutorials about seperating double page templates. Very interesting.

http://mandagirl.com/tips-and-tutorials
    Thank you for posting this. I am still fairly new at doing all this, so I need all the help I can get...

When you say you crop them do you mean you save 2 copies of the whole thing (say, one called left and one called right?) And then do you go back in to each and delete the side not wanted and then change the format to 12x12 instead of 12 x 24?

I can't visualize it so I hope I am making sense.
    Brenda

That's what I do. I make my page on a 12x24 canvas. Save two JPEGs. Crop one to 12x12 on the left side and the other to 12x12 on the right side.

Thanks Seoul2SoulScraps. So you just crop, you don't remove the items on the left side and change the whole thing to 12 x 12? I was thinking if you removed a side your file size would be a lot smaller? Just trying to clarify! Thanks Brenda