shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need ideas....again, please!

I need ideas....again, please!

My daughter's 3rd birthday is coming up and I want to do a layout with 4 photos; birth, 1 year, 2 years and current. None of the templates I have are jumping out at me and I'm having a problem picturing just how I want it. I know I want the current picture to be the focus and the other 3 to accent that, other than that I have no idea. Any help and advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Andrea's Scrap It Fast Set #01 has a couple of templates that would work well for this.

Scrap It Fast Set #01

I especially like the middle one in the second row. You could either use 2 current photos in the big square and cirle or use the circle for journaling. Just an idea. Good luck with your layout.
    Last edited by tbcarter2002; 06-01-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Check out this template by Chanin (Snowflake Beach Designs). It seems it might be just what you are looking for. Good luck with the lo.

Thank you so much! I think that is just what I'd been looking for!!!!!!!

Ok. I got Snowflake Beach's template and got a layout done with it. Now if you fine scrappers could give me some feed back on how I could improve it, that would be great!! Keep in mind that I plan to get this printed out so I can display it at her party.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...hp?photo=58034

I don't know how to post the image here in this thread or I would, but this is the link to it

OOPS! I forgot to add thank you for any help that you can give

I think it looks good so far--the pink is very nice, matches her dress & hat. I do think you could pump up the title a bit, make it stand out more. The font is great, but it needs some color, maybe some pattern, and to be bigger. You could clip a fun paper to the font, for example. I love the idea of the four pictures, though, and how you've arranged them.

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    I think it looks good so far--the pink is very nice, matches her dress & hat. I do think you could pump up the title a bit, make it stand out more. The font is great, but it needs some color, maybe some pattern, and to be bigger. You could clip a fun paper to the font, for example. I love the idea of the four pictures, though, and how you've arranged them.
    I was thinking that the title looked kinda bland also, but I couldn't think of any way to make it look better.

I also just tried your suggestion and I'm not crazy about how it looks with the font that's there. Do you have a font you could suggest that might look better? Or maybe something else I could use for the title?

I just really want this to look good when on display, ya know? I also want it to be something that my daughter will cherish when she gets older.

Thank you so much for the feed back

Have to agree about the title, but I wonder, what about changing to one of the softer pastels for the background instead of the brown. Just a thought, but I am glad the template worked. It was perfect for your series of pics.

I've got some examples for you, and am going to try to attach to this post. The first one uses the font GE Flower Child and the lower one is Tan Patty. Both have had a pattern overlay applied that was made from a bg paper by Christy Skaggs (recolored to be pink). Also, a bevel & emboss style. It's what I was envisioning when I made the suggestion, but you can use whatever font and color you like, just make it upbeat and fun, to fit the occasion.
    Hope this helps,
    Dona
    Last edited by donakat; 06-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.

I like the pink against the brown background but I also LOVE glitter and sparkles. Perhaps just a bit of pink glitter splats or confetti behind the pics would make it stand out more.

I agree with the title piece as well. It does look great already but if you want to add more, you've got a few ideas here.