shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Suggestion for speed scraps

1. Suggestion for speed scraps

I LOVE speed scraps - they're one of my favorite things. But I find that although I like the challenges, sometimes I run into glitches, like with my computer, and time can become a challenge. I've often thought "man, if I only knew the photos ahead, the rest would be so much fun."

So... I'm wondering if when the challenge is announced, if they can say something like "choose 3 photos that can be cut into circles" or "choose two square photos" or "one photo at high resolution." If we can get the photos chosen ahead of time, then we can enjoy other challenges that put us to the test more.

I have more to choose from now, but in the beginning, simply choosing a photo that I thought might work was a time consuming process. This site has trained me to take more pictures - LOL

I just saw a layout that would make a fun challenge, and it got me to thinking about this. How the challenge of this layout might be frustrating if the person had chosen photos that wouldn't work in that type of a layout.

Anyhow... out there for consideration :)

But no matter what, I'm there 'cause I luv the speed scraps!!

I think it is a great suggestion! I guess it will all depend on who is running the speed scrap whether they want to do that or not, but I agree, that if I already knew my pictures ahead of time, it would make the rest of it a lot more fun! That way I could scrap more of a meaningful LO, not just one I threw together for the speed scrap!

Maybe I will do that, at my next SS!

I, too, think that would be very helpful. I find I spend way too much time just trying to find photos and get them ready.

4. Great suggestion, Jayne! I'm going to have to be organized and post ahead of time, then LOL.....

I think it's a great suggestion too. I usually just fill in occasionally on the Speed scrap but I'm hosting the one for tomorrow and I know what I'm going to do so I'll definitely post some hints! :)

I always try to choose my photos in advance -- that helps me have a selection of photos to pull from, and then I can usually pick a few kits that I know I want to use. It saves me time, and if I have to search for something like a feng shui element, at least I am not searching for all my supplies.

I LOVE the suggestions Jayne. I agree, picking photos ahead of time will give me more time to make the lo more meaningful.

I like that suggestion!! I usually try to figure out what pics I'll use but then the directions take me on a diff. path. Knowing what and how many pics I think would help.