shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: How to Use a Layered Template in PSP

Hybrid View

How to Use a Layered Template in PSP

These are the instructions I include with my templates in the store. Hope this helps.

Paintshop Pro Users

1. Open the layered psd file. Make a duplicate of the psd file or save it with a different name so you donít save over the original file. You may want to use it again.

2. Open the papers and photos you would like to use in your layout.

3. Click on the layer you want to begin with to make it active. Move the paper you wish to use to the layered template. You can either drag & drop the paper or copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+L).

4. Make sure your paper layer is directly above the layer you want to work with. Select the active template layer (CTRL+A), then float the selection (CTRL+F) and then defloat the selection (CTRL+SHIFT+F). Invert the selection (CTRL+I). Click on the paper layer to make it active and press the delete key on the keyboard. This will delete the excess paper, cropping the paper layer to the shape of the template layer you selected. Deselect (CTRL+D) and hide or delete the template layer you used. Repeat these steps with the rest of the layers.

5. On most templates, the embellishments are a guide for placement. Once you have your elements in place you can hide or delete the unnecessary layers.

6. Add your title and/or journaling as desired. Unfortunately, the text paths included with some templates will not be usable in PSP, but you may use them as a guide for placement. You will need to hide or delete the title and journaling placement layers.

7. Have fun creating!
    Last edited by HollyS; 04-10-2007 at 02:41 AM.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

2. Thanks!

This is so useful
    Thank you so much!

Thanks

All of this info is so useful
    Catherine

4. okay this might be a really silly question..
    BUT..what would be the active template layer.....the paper your tyring to use or the template layer you put the paper above..lol..

i keep trying and for some unknown reason i am just not getting it..lol

the 'active template layer' is the layer of the template which you want to relace with your choice of paper :)

6. Quote Originally Posted by okblues View Post
    These are the instructions I include with my templates in the store. Hope this helps.

Paintshop Pro Users

1. Open the layered psd file. Make a duplicate of the psd file or save it with a different name so you donít save over the original file. You may want to use it again.

2. Open the papers and photos you would like to use in your layout.

3. Click on the layer you want to begin with to make it active. Move the paper you wish to use to the layered template. You can either drag & drop the paper or copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+L).

4. Make sure your paper layer is directly above the layer you want to work with. Select the active template layer (CTRL+A), then float the selection (CTRL+F) and then defloat the selection (CTRL+SHIFT+F). Invert the selection (CTRL+I). Click on the paper layer to make it active and press the delete key on the keyboard. This will delete the excess paper, cropping the paper layer to the shape of the template layer you selected. Deselect (CTRL+D) and hide or delete the template layer you used. Repeat these steps with the rest of the layers.

5. On most templates, the embellishments are a guide for placement. Once you have your elements in place you can hide or delete the unnecessary layers.

6. Add your title and/or journaling as desired. Unfortunately, the text paths included with some templates will not be usable in PSP, but you may use them as a guide for placement. You will need to hide or delete the title and journaling placement layers.

7. Have fun creating!

very informative.. cool..

7. Thanks I finally figured it out..and now im ADDICTED..haha..
    I think I stayed up till almost 5am messing with templates...haha

AHA! This is the Wonderful Information that who, Debra?...gave me a link to come to visit. I hope it's no problem to have copied this and pasted into a Word .doc so that I have it close by when I get frustrated up to my "you know what"!!! Possibly I might be able to make sense of this!! This is THE ONE SINGLE TUTORIAL that I've read that really makes sense to me. The others are like long books of info that others have tried to cram a book into a tutorial.
    Joni at the NC coast

New to digi-scrapping but I'm trying! I love digi-shopping but I'm attempting to learn as I go. When I learn PSPX (not sure which of "us" will win!) I should be able to handle things. I'm trying though... I'm trying... I am... trying... I am...

Me learning PSPX: ---->