shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

It's BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

Not 80s hairstyles or 70s mini-skirts. Not under a $1.00 a gallon gasoline!

IT'S THE PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE!

That's right - we're starting up the photography challenge again here at GDS and I have the honor and the joy of running it!

We're going to change things up a little bit. This will be a challenge more than a contest. Each month, I'll give you a photographic assignment. You'll receive a prompt for a type of photo to take and few hints and tips for taking that kind of shot.

So, here's April's assignment:

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, Spring is starting to lift her head. Tree are leafing out, seeds are sprouting, and every now and then I hear the chirping of baby birds. So, your task is to take a picture of a New Beginning and post it in the Photo Challenge Gallery. Now, don't worry if it's not spring where you are - take a picture of any kind of new beginning....a new baby, a new marriage, a new exercise program (that's what I need to be doing). You can either post just the photo or you can go ahead and make a scrapbook page with your picture - it's your choice.

Everyone who posts a picture in the gallery and links back up in this message will receive this New Beginnings Alpha as a posting bonus from me (and yep, I know I spelled included incorrectly - I'm fixing that now :) ):

But, that's not the best part! At the end of the challenge, everyone who participated will be entered for a chance to win registration to the winner's choice of one of my courses here at GDS (I teach photography and Paint Shop Pro courses).

Here are a couple of examples to get you started:

A new seed sprouting

(for this picture, I used a Macro lens - if you've never used the macro setting on your camera, this challenge would be the ideal time to try it! It's great for things like tiny flowers and seeds or little bugs!)

A new baby arriving

(for this picture, I used my portrait lens and placed my baby niece on towels on a table underneath pictures of her older sisters - it's fun to experiment with different ways to use backgrounds in pictures)

Have fun!
    Last edited by ABitDaffy; 04-06-2009 at 12:15 PM.
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

2. So is the challenge a picture or a layout using the picture?

It's your choice....you can either just post the photo or you can go ahead and make a page with it if you'd like...
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

4. Okay I am in as I have to keep up on all the photo taking that I learned in your photography class, which by the way I really enjoyed.
    Barb Phillips
    My Blog

5. Last edited by bob_r_ann; 04-04-2009 at 03:15 PM.
    Barb Phillips
    My Blog

Since this is the first time for this challenge since I joined, should I assume that this also counts for the scrappin' 7 challenge?

Krissy is a new beginning for us. We are learning to be parents again.. OH WHAT FUN!!!

First signs of Spring in Ontario, Canada! "New Beginnings" what a great theme for this challenge.
    Mine is here.
    Karen

Here is mine

Spring Blessings

10. Here's my version: daffodil bows to snow. The daffodils were starting to open and then 4 inches of wet, heavy snow. I really hope they recover this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images