shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware of IE8

Beware of IE8

Explorer 8 is messing up lots of computers-including mine. right now i can't access any downloads nor post any more of my pages here. luckily this is a loaner computer and school will be sending a restore disc. i guess i will never learn my lesson but hopefully i can spare others the same headache

That is awful. Glad they are able to send you a restore disk, and hope you have all of your files backed up just in case! Glad you forewarned us. I would be likely to download anything new! LOL Sure won't at this point.

Isn't that just like microsoft - sometimes I think that their main goal is to screw up everyone's computers and files until we can no longer function. Haha - I just thought of that commercial for Hulu dot com with Alec Baldwin - you know, he's an alien and going to hulu will make your brain turn to mush so he can suck it out? Anyway, maybe microsoft is run by aliens who just want to stop our world from functioning by destroying our computers, LOLOLOL.

Well, I'm using hubbies laptop right now with IE7, so I will tell him to make sure not to upgrade. I use firefox on the desktop, my laptop is on it's last leg, but when I do use it I used either IE7 or Chrome. Sounds like anytime microsoft comes up with an upgrade we should 'just say no' until they've worked out all the bugs.

Thank you for letting me know. That information is very helpful.

Another reason why I'm glad I'm a Firefox Junkie, but thanks for the heads up!!

Thanks for the info.

that is just awful!~I hope the restore works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by mosser77 View Post
    Another reason why I'm glad I'm a Firefox Junkie, but thanks for the heads up!!
    Same here! I never use IE ever! Now I know why!

Hope you get your computer sorted out :)

I just gotta put my plugs in here--Macs are wonderful, and Firefox is a super browser with lots to commend it. And you PC people are lucky to have Firefox too!!

Thanks for the heads up. I now wonder if my BF installed this new update on his laptop, he is having problems with it.
    Elizabeth

I create for Shelly's Art
    check out my blog