Those are very lovely pages. You did a great job!
I can try to help you but I only know Photoshop Elements. I have Photoshop Elements 6.0, if you have another program maybe someone who knows that program can help.
Here's what I do:
1. I start with a transparent background. That's a must!
2. Then I build the page but, behind the picture areas I place either white or black using the shape tool. (whichever contrasts more with what I am working with)
3. When I have the page finished I uncheck the items that overlap the photo areas so that they are no longer visible. For example, the poinsetta leaves on your layout and the inner shadowing. If nothing overlaps the photo area then you can skip this step and the next.
4. Then I select Layer<Merge visible (shift ctrl E)
5. Then I use the magic selection tools to select the white or black picture area and hit delete. This usually highlights the entire photo area that you don't want, I delete that and the area appears transparent.
6. Then I turn back on the visibility for the items that overlap the picture areas.
7. Save your file as a .png for quickpage exchanging.
Good luck, hope this helps! I'm sure everyone does this a little different. I just know the way I do it!