How to Use a Layered Template in PSP
These are the instructions I include with my templates in the store. Hope this helps.
Paintshop Pro Users
1. Open the layered psd file. Make a duplicate of the psd file or save it with a different name so you donít save over the original file. You may want to use it again.
2. Open the papers and photos you would like to use in your layout.
3. Click on the layer you want to begin with to make it active. Move the paper you wish to use to the layered template. You can either drag & drop the paper or copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+L).
4. Make sure your paper layer is directly above the layer you want to work with. Select the active template layer (CTRL+A), then float the selection (CTRL+F) and then defloat the selection (CTRL+SHIFT+F). Invert the selection (CTRL+I). Click on the paper layer to make it active and press the delete key on the keyboard. This will delete the excess paper, cropping the paper layer to the shape of the template layer you selected. Deselect (CTRL+D) and hide or delete the template layer you used. Repeat these steps with the rest of the layers.
5. On most templates, the embellishments are a guide for placement. Once you have your elements in place you can hide or delete the unnecessary layers.
6. Add your title and/or journaling as desired. Unfortunately, the text paths included with some templates will not be usable in PSP, but you may use them as a guide for placement. You will need to hide or delete the title and journaling placement layers.
7. Have fun creating!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown
Last edited by HollyS; 04-10-2007 at 03:41 AM.