August Progressive Challenge
A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.
1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout
2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!
4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.
5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery.
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!
8. Use of GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!
9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.
10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.
11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!
To link your images back to the gallery .. have a look here
Also... here's on on how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the GDS designer
1. Ease first step! .. Find a plane coloured background with texture but no pattern. That's it!
Post your layout by Monday, August 6 2012 The next step will be posted Tuesday, August 7 2012
2. YUP!! Here it comes LOL.... now your going to find 3 complimentary papers and cut out 3 *NARROW* but curvy waves and place them on top of each other.. so that the ones under are showing a bit.. add shadows to add dimension... AND.. if you are placing them horizontally.. they will be just a 1/2" either above or below of the center line. Same goes if you're placing them vertically. .. BE CAREFUL not to make them too large.. there are 3 more steps to come! LOL :) To cut the waves... use your polygnol lasso tool to make a wavy line across the paper going off the edge at the far side. Then bring it down an inch or so and bring it back in a wavy line to off the page on the other side; bring it up again to met the start of your first line. That should select an area with a dotted line around it. Then choose *Inverse* (In Photoshop that's Ctrl+Sht+I .. not sure what it is in Elements.. Jump in with that info Element users! Please! and Thanks! ) and delete and that will get rid of everything except your wave. Make sense?
Post your layout by Sunday, August 12, 2012 The next step will be posted Monday, August 13, 2012
3. Ok.. Photo time. Find a shape you like that fits with your curves, could be a circle or star or whatever you like. Clip your photo to it (use one or two photos - that's up to you) Place the photo(s) so that it's under the edge of the top curve shape. Place the photo(s) on the side of the layout that is larger in area - as you've placed the waves just off center, one side will be larger. If you are using two photos, make one smaller than the other and have them touching each other. Now find a glitter scatter (or make one) and place it along the length of the curves in between the bottom two curves.
Post your layout by Saturday, August 18, 2012 The next step will be posted Sunday, August 19, 2012
4. So, here is where you get to hide *some* of your curves if you choose to lol. Create a cluster of different flowers, or repeat the same flower resizing to suite. Place them in and under your curves adding shadows as you please. Include in your cluster: butterflies, buttons, ribbons or string and foliage. Use as much or as little as you choose but remember your photo is the the focal point.
Post your layout by Saturday, August 25, 2012 The next step will be posted Sunday, August 26, 2012
5. Final step is to add a little journaling, in white, a title *in the same colour as your paper, however a darker shade* and the date! :)
Post your layout by Friday, August 31, 2012
Oh, you are going to give us room to get ourselves into a jam I see, ROFL!
My Step 1
Okay, I will play with you this month ;-)
My 1st step:
YEAH!! good color!
Ha! You like orange?
It's the Dutch color!
This was easy! Here's mine and thanks for the challenge!
I get the feeling it's not going to continue this easy - right, Lone?? :) Here's my step 1:
I agree with the others, it's not going to stay this easy. I think you're trying to lull us into thinking we're safe and then you're going to throw something impossible at us.
I've never done this challenge before, so I am very curious...
Here is my first step:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.