PDA

View Full Version : Help me get my MoJo back

tweederbug
12-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I have just been in a slump lately with my scrapping. When you get in a slump,what do you do to inspire you? I love looking at the many designs and layouts in the gallery but it seems like I just look instead of dream up my own layouts.
So,what techiniques do you like the best? Do you search sites for inspiration? I have TONS of pictures and TONS of kits. I just want to get my Mojo back. Maybe it is just the hussle and bussle of the holiday season. So when you get in this slump what do you do .. please help me :cry:!

Ina
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Sheila, I was feeling poorly before Christmas and then during the Christmas I just didn't have time to do any scrapping even though I wanted. And then when I had time again the first LO took forever to come. But it came and after that it was easier.

When I have trouble thinking what to do.... I usually think of a photo/photos to do for the LO and then I start hunting for the kit to use. :D It takes time but it's fun and while I rummage around I usually also come up with the idea how to do the LO. I hope this helps. The other thing I do sometimes is I look in other galleries for LO's for inspiration and usually end up getting few new kits. LOL

I'm sure you'll find your MoJo back soon. :D HUGS!

elenasworld
12-28-2008, 10:40 PM
My mojo comes and goes, and usually when I have a slump, I look to the galleries for inspiration. I do challenges with a technique or a style I might not know how to do. I often search my supplies for a kit or a template I haven't used yet and then try different things out. Sometimes I will try a scraplift challenge or just scraplift a layout from the gallery. And when all else fails, I usually take a break from my computer for a few days and do more reading and go to my scrapping magazines.

Hope you find your mojo!

HollyS
12-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Given the fact that I'm not any CT, I tend to scrap choosing pics first then coming up with a theme and picking the pieces I'm using from there. I love the Speed Scraps and the crops with Pennysan because the host does all the work for me and I don't have to think about how to lay something out! Of course Andrea's templates help with that too!!

JewelTheQueen
01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm new to digital scrapping, so haven't lost any mojo yet ... I just get so excited by all the challenges. the 365 challenge is my current fave...that and ADSR4 (but it's too late to join that).

babyofmine
01-02-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm with Elenasworld and Holly: I rummage until I find something I haven't used, and try that. It helps if I give myself a deadline, too, like a speedscrap does. :D