PDA

View Full Version : What are your holiday plans?

mosser77
12-18-2008, 12:06 PM
After the Toddler's last episode on the airplane over Thanksgiving, I'm cured from ever wanting to fly again, so we're heading to the in-laws in Tennessee on 4 wheels this year. Definitely not looking forward to the long drive (we live so far south that it takes all day just to get out of Florida!) but at least if he decides to throw a fit he'll only be disturbing us. :confused1:

babyofmine
12-18-2008, 01:24 PM
I've done the long drives with yung'ens, and it isn't pretty. :laugh: BUT you are right, at least they're only distracting you. :D
Since we're working on getting out of debt this year, we are having a "stay-cation". :D Besides, our little girl STILL hasn't made her debut, so we couldn't travel. :laugh:

j_camargo6
12-18-2008, 01:31 PM
We're staying home...well, we'll probably hit Grandma's house (20 miles away) and I expect we'll want to use the car for that, but that's it.

Julie, when's your baby due?

elenasworld
12-18-2008, 02:20 PM
After the Toddler's last episode on the airplane over Thanksgiving, I'm cured from ever wanting to fly again, so we're heading to the in-laws in Tennessee on 4 wheels this year. Definitely not looking forward to the long drive (we live so far south that it takes all day just to get out of Florida!) but at least if he decides to throw a fit he'll only be disturbing us. :confused1:

so sorry Erin
that is why I drive everywhere with dd
we did the plane thing when she was two and i was the one who needed some valium or something. it was a horrible plane ride and the trip back wasn't that great either

good luck with the car ride

(i did all my driving in Oct and November so we could stay home at Christmas time)

noreimerreason
12-18-2008, 03:21 PM
We are driving to the in-laws' house in Kansas. It is about 8ish hours from here. We can't get there until Christmas day since I have to work on Christmas Eve.

I guess we chose the opposite holidays to travel to Kansas this year Erin!! Maybe one of these days we will be there at the same time again. :D

amandamoo
12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
We are doing the car thing too. A 14-hour drive made in one day with my four-yr-old DS and one-yr-old DD. Are we crazy or what????

JAB
12-20-2008, 04:20 AM
All of our immediate family live close...so we always stay home. They all come over on Christmas morning to see us.

Ina
12-20-2008, 09:56 AM
We are staying home.... thank goodness. My mom is coming here for Christmas so we don't have to go anywhere. Just sit back and relax!