PDA

View Full Version : Get your tissues ladies.

tweederbug
12-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I heard this song today after I dropped my ds off at school. I have never heard of it and I couldn't help but cry. I was sobbing ... as some here know that this time of the year is very hard for me and this one really hit where I stood 7 years ago. I just love it and I think that even though I cried .. it felt so good. I really needed that as it brings out the fact that I hold it in so many times.

Christmas Shoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3E1x95wT1k

britnkaysmemaw2
12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I love this song. There is a movie based on this song too. It is an oldie but goodie. I believe that Bob Carlisle sings the original version of this song. His version is amazing.

2 years ago my DD was very sick and my SIL and GD's sang this song to her at church one sunday when I was there visiting. You talk about bawling!!! Thank God, my DD is doing well now, but I will always think of that Sunday when I hear this song.

tweederbug
12-17-2008, 10:40 PM
I love this song. There is a movie based on this song too. It is an oldie but goodie. I believe that Bob Carlisle sings the original version of this song. His version is amazing.

2 years ago my DD was very sick and my SIL and GD's sang this song to her at church one sunday when I was there visiting. You talk about bawling!!! Thank God, my DD is doing well now, but I will always think of that Sunday when I hear this song.

I have seen that movie with Kimberly Paisley. Such a great movie. I am glad that yours turned out to be a happy story .. mine didn't turn out to be a happy ending. I beleive that everything happens for a reason though. I met my husband who was there through everything and I am blessed with 2 children that I thought that I would never have. Seven years without him has taught me alot about family and what the meaning of Christmas is all about.

j_camargo6
12-18-2008, 05:28 AM
It's a good one, for sure!

HollyS
12-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Aw that did make me cry......such a sweet song! Sheila....know that you have friends thinking of you as you navigate this holiday season!

elenasworld
12-18-2008, 08:03 AM
yup, that song gets me everytime

britnkaysmemaw2
12-18-2008, 09:08 AM
I have seen that movie with Kimberly Paisley. Such a great movie. I am glad that yours turned out to be a happy story .. mine didn't turn out to be a happy ending. I beleive that everything happens for a reason though. I met my husband who was there through everything and I am blessed with 2 children that I thought that I would never have. Seven years without him has taught me alot about family and what the meaning of Christmas is all about.

I am so sorry that yours did not turn out to be a happy story, but as you said, everything does happen for a reason. Even though we question why.

Like the others have said know that you have lots of people thinking good thoughts for you at this time of year.