PDA

View Full Version : One More Reason to go Digi

elenasworld
12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I am one of those paper crafters who just can't part with my supplies. I still love to rubber stamp and make cards every once in a while, but now I let my dd use the papers I have since I could never get use to "cutting" the paper -- what if it was crooked? So I had to but at least two sheets.

And then I found digi and have been quite happy.

Recently dd and I did some crafty project together and I left my double sided permanent tape in the kitchen's junk drawer. She was so happy about a super sized coloring book page she did, that she decided to hang it on the glass kitchen door. And, resourceful child that she is, found the double stick, did I say permanent? tape and went to town.

I had been looking at the door dreading it, and finally tackled the task yesterday. It took me well over an hour to get the tape off the door -- I tried goo gone, baby oil, and after an hour of that had to resort to plain old water. Then I had to clean up all the little bits and pieces, kind of like the mess that is left from taking down wall paper.

Just wondering -- if the permanent tape was so hard to remove, why didn't it stick her fingers together, even for a few seconds? :twitcy:

Silly Bean
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Just wondering -- if the permanent tape was so hard to remove, why didn't it stick her fingers together, even for a few seconds? :twitcy:

Hehe that sounds like a question I would ask! It didn't seem to hinder her at all. Sounds like you had a grueling time getting the door clean, but kudos to you for sticking it out! :wink:

I'm awful, I know. :nope:

j_camargo6
12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
You're a trooper, Liz! Nobody tells us Mommyhood is so grueling! Maybe they're afraid it will scare us off!

I'm so glad you got it off!!

britnkaysmemaw2
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
How funny Liz. Guess you will make sure that tape is put up in the future. Glad you got the tape off.

Jean Saporito
12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
I want very badly to go digital. I just got Elements 4 from my son. I knmow it's an old version but it free. I can't wait to learn how to use it ao I can get rid of some of the mountains of supplies I have for paper scrapping. Loved your story.

elenasworld
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I want very badly to go digital. I just got Elements 4 from my son. I knmow it's an old version but it free. I can't wait to learn how to use it ao I can get rid of some of the mountains of supplies I have for paper scrapping. Loved your story.

I do love digi. A friend gave me her unopened (hmmm, I will have to talk to her) Elements that she has had for two years now, so that I could put it on my laptop. It is an older version too and I think it is great for learning the basics and then some, and if you end up loving digi-scrapping, you can always upgrade later.

I learned on PSCS2 and now there are two newer versions, but I am sticking with what I know for now. I dont deal with change well -- just like Vista, dh had to put that on my computer and it has taken me a long time to get used to it.

Hope you look around, try out some challenges, they are great for learning and testing out your software skills. Templates are great too for learning your software -- they make things easy to put together, but you still have to know how to move stuff around and use your software!

Good Luck!

noreimerreason
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I am a former paper scrapper and still have a suitcase full of supplies that I am letting me daughter make crafts with. But Hmmm...I'd better find my tape and put it out of reach of little, busy hands! :D

Veronica
12-04-2008, 12:45 AM
LOL! Sounds like you had loads of trouble. If you girls could see my paper scrapbooking stash you'd faint! I have so much stuff that i could start a store! I have been trying to sort through it for ages and still am not finished as I simply do not know where to put it all! At least with digi you simply sit and move everything around with your mouse to get it organised!

Veronica
12-04-2008, 12:47 AM

Jean- check out Andrea Gold's class for PS Elements here at GDS - so helpful! Go to the store and click on Classes.

lazyscrapper
12-04-2008, 04:25 AM
LOL! Sounds like you had loads of trouble. If you girls could see my paper scrapbooking stash you'd faint! I have so much stuff that i could start a store! I have been trying to sort through it for ages and still am not finished as I simply do not know where to put it all! At least with digi you simply sit and move everything around with your mouse to get it organised!

My problem is I can't decide to just go digi. My paper stash is half a room now and for some reason I keep buying more cute stuff cause i might use it. I have 3 alblums to finish in paper(one is my wedding lol) and then I think I'm giving it up. Digi is soo much better.

Thanks for the FYI on the tape though. I have 2 sitting next to me on the computer desk right now. Can't imagine what my monitor could look like at the hands of a 4 year old.

Chanin
12-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Ugh! What a mess! My daughter found my tape the other day! Luckily I got to her before she did anything crazy with it!! (This time!)

candi1973
12-04-2008, 05:57 AM
omg, that is too funny!!!!!!!

I have always used rubbing alcohol and a razor blad to remove "sticky tape" residue from glass... it has always worked. You must have had some super-duper tape. What brand was it!!? I think I want to get some of that!!! :-)

I don't think I can ever part w/ my paper scrapping.... I like digital a lot, so I like to combine the two....hybrid is awesome, I must say....