PDA

View Full Version : Digiscrap tragedy strikes...

schock77
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
my EHD! Apparently my EHD (which holds ALL of my scrap stuff and lots of digital photos) has died.

It is running, but when you try to open it in my computer, it just says Local drive F: (instead of MyBook with the amount of available space) and then says I have to format the disk before using it... which would of course COMPLETELY wipe out my data.

I'm hoping to get some answers from Western Digital and if not, taking it in to someone and PRAYING that they can recover my data... any suggestions for places that recover lost EHD data is greatly appreciated!

I was just looking at Mozy last week but hadn't set it up yet... so please go backup now so you don't have the stress I'm going through! :( The sense of loss is unreal... and now my Christmas projects will not be done!

Silly Bean
12-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Aww Stephanie that's awful! I have no clue where you could go to recover it, but I sure hope you find some place! Keep us posted on what happens, and I hope it all works out soon!

RN_Meow
12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Stephanie - mine WD My Book did the same thing. I let it sit for like a week and then I tried reconnecting and one folder at a time I moved everything over. I was lucky. Now I back up everything on to new EHD, disc, and Carbonite.com. I am not messing around. You can PM me if you have any questions. I really hope it works out.

j_camargo6
12-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry Stephanie! I know how you feel...I'm like Cat, now...I double and triple back up my stuff....Good luck!

Mom_of_5
12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh my goodness! A digiscrappers worst nightmare!!

I hope all your data can be recovered!

Gem
12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
So sorry to hear about your EHD. May you be able to recover all of your scrapbooking items and your precious photos.

twirlyjoy
12-01-2008, 10:21 PM
oh no I am so sorry :( I know exactly how you feel as the very same thing happened to me this time last year. I cost me a small fortune to recover everything, but it was worth every penny. I went to a small private company over here to recover it so no use me giving you their info.

Hope you manage to get it recovered.

babyofmine
12-02-2008, 08:55 AM
oh, my! I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I hope you get the data recovered. {{hugs}}

Ina
12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear about your disaster Septhanie! I hope you get everything recovered. I've heard there are some programs that can do it but don't ask me the name of it....... :( Sorry. I wish you best of luck in this.

Chanin
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM
That is awful! I am so sorry to hear about this! I have been trying to figure how to back up all my stuff, looks like I should do that soon!!! This has me worried!!! I hope you get it all back!

Victoria32
12-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I hope you have been able to recover your data.

svsheppard
12-03-2008, 04:16 AM
Stephanie,
Don't know where you live but if you have a Best Buy in the area they will recover Hard Drives and such....They recovered my husbands....who had years of work data on his and then he transferred it to a new machine.

Sarah
S:)

candi1973
12-03-2008, 10:22 AM
oooh, I am soooo hoping that you're able to recover everything. This sort of thing really makes my stomach drop! I am now convinced I am buying dvd's and backing everything up, TWICE!! Just as Jenn said! I can't even imagine.... I hope someone is able to help you. I am sorry that I don't have any suggestions. I am so new to this, but I have invested quite heavily into all of the digital kits that I have. So I am going to do something.....

let us know if you're able to solve this....

schock77
12-04-2008, 07:23 AM
39 hours in... it's still looking for files but it SEEMS like it may have found many of my files... fingers staying crossed! :)

Thanks to Andrea Gold for being such a sweet friend in offering some advice on this situation! :)