PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Week February 12

ckbymommy
02-12-2007, 09:30 AM
How do you celebrate Valentines day?

I usually get a little something for my kids (this year is a little heart box of chocolates and a valentine themed stuffed animal) My hubby and I usually try to go out the weekend before or after if we can afford it.

twirlyjoy
02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Over here, Valentines is really only celebrated between partners - its not usual to buy something for your children etc, although I do send them each a 'mystery' card each who they aren't meant to know who its from, but always guess its from me! So, apart from that, I'll be doing nothing - no hubby/boyfriend/partner to do anything with!!

Debra
02-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Off to buy the goodies for my girls who will be home Wednesday... at this point, that's about it :)

yin
02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Hubby and I usually try to go out for a simple dinner but not on the actual day cos the prices go up sky high, and defiitely no roses too, they are five times their usual price!!!

Oh, and we don't give each other presents, but we do try to outdo each other with a mushy card!!! :roses:

steph
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
We as a couple don't do much, but I always make a big deal of it for Justin and his classmates. It was rather economical to make a big deal of it this year cause he only has twelve kids in his class!!!

Stephanie

redring
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I demand attention and DH trys to ignore me. :) This year I secured v-day off work. I have an ladys DR apt then im makeing DH do somthing nice with me.

HollyS
02-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Sounds like a romantic day for you Red! We also celebrate Valentine's day and as many of you might have heard, I got my gift a little early...two little kittens that are so adorable and cuddly! Got him show tickets. And having 3 boys all in school means lots of valentines to give out and parties galore to send in goodies for! My oldest insists on making his own valentines for his classmates but hasn't started yet! Tonight's going to be a busy night....

neeka27
02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
honestly, nothing really different...

lindajd
02-16-2007, 08:38 AM
late again :(
we don't do anything special, well this year my hubby was in Spain, I was at home re-decorating the living room and looking after 2 of my grandkids..but my youngest daughter always gets me a little goodie & card and the kids make me cards, I love them especially and usually have a few tears...

lindajd
02-16-2007, 08:39 AM
oh yes I forgot to add that hubby took me out today though and bought me a new Vacum Cleaner!! he had the cheek to say that was my Valentine!!!! grrrrrrrrr