PDA

View Full Version : OK .. who's daring the Black Friday sales?

tweederbug
11-26-2008, 07:42 AM
ME ME ME .. my sister and I have made this our tradition. We will be at Walmart waiting on the sales at 5am .. my sister wants the Wii and I want the Power Wheels Barbie jeep. We usually go shop until we get hungry .. lunch time and after we get our energy back we shop some more. We spend the day doing what girls do best :wink:. DD will go again this year as she sleeps soundly in her stroller. DS will stay agin with grandparents. They offer to keep her but I want to break her in right LOL!! So am I the only brave one on Friday?

scrappintwins
11-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Not me girlfriend! You're a brave woman! I'll be doing my Black Friday shopping in digiland lol. Safe and warm on the couch. HAHA :laugh:

michellemomof3
11-26-2008, 08:48 AM
You are not the only one! I too am going with my sister, though it is not a tradition maybe we can make it one. It would make for some interesting scrapbook pages LOL :wink:

amandamoo
11-26-2008, 09:29 AM
My sister-in-law and I are going to Midnight Madness at Tanger outlet Mall Thanksgiving night. The whole family will be at the lake house and grandma offered to stay home with the sleeping kids while we shop in the middle of the night. Woo-Hoo!

j_camargo6
11-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Just be sure and take your camera so you can take pictures of all the CRAZY people!!! My DH and I went one year.....watched two grown women duke it out over barbie dolls....and I swore NEVER AGAIN!!!

Have a GREAT time!!!

Veronica
11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Oh this sounds fabulous- wish we had sales like that here!! In fact - I wish we had Walmart..and Target...and Michael's...and...and...and... (sigh).

Can someone tell me what is "Black Friday"? I gather it's the Friday after you celebrate Thanksgiving in the U.S.- but why is it called "Black Friday"? Anything to do with the Stock Market crash or something?

michellemomof3
11-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes, I believe they call it that b'cuz so many people shop on that day that stores are no longer "in the red" but "in the black".

*woot

schock77
11-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Not me girlfriend! You're a brave woman! I'll be doing my Black Friday shopping in digiland lol. Safe and warm on the couch. HAHA :laugh:

I second that!!! I'm lazy I guess (being on a budget doesn't help either).

tweederbug
11-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I am lucky .. dh puts money back from each check and it arrives in October. I cashed it YESTERDAY. That is all my money for Christmas. It equals out to be more than enough so I get to spend a bit on me to. I don't feel like fighting it out over something but I will try to get what I want.

elenasworld
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
not me!
i used to love going, but went one year with the "grandma's" and my MIL & SIL when they were visiting and they did me in, sucked all the joy out of shopping for me.

Mom_of_5
11-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I've been several times with my DAD! He and I bundled up to stand in the dark and the snow at 3 am in line at Best Buy one year. We went on from there. Everyone else (even my mom) stayed home sleeping. Those wimps! JK

My dad went all alone last year. I stayed home sleeping with everyone else.

This year...don't know what my dad has planned, but our budget doesn't have anything in it for shopping this year.

britnkaysmemaw2
11-26-2008, 05:49 PM
I am one of those who are going to be sleeping in on Friday. No braving the stores for me. Years ago, my Mom, Sister & I and a Dear friend used to head off to Downtown Columbus, Ohio and hit Lazarus every year. What fun it used to be, but this old body can't take all that shopping anymore, lol. And, this year my family is all separated and we will be spending the day with friends.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

babyofmine
11-27-2008, 07:36 AM
I've only done it once so far, and I will say that it was worth it. I got a few EHD's for a great price, and some toys that made great Christmas gifts. But we're not looking for any big-ticket items this year, and I do NOT want other bodies jostling me this year. :laugh: I think that might kick-start labor or something.
Oh, wait, maybe I DO want to go! :lmao:

JAB
11-28-2008, 06:36 AM
no shopping ( other then online) for me today :) I stayed nice and warm in my bed - at least until my kids jumped in it with me :)

then we got up and started putting up the Christmas tree- We will make a big pot of soup and just hang out today. I only braved the crowds one year on black Friday..>I learned my lesson and won't do it again-

all you brave people...happy shopping