PDA

View Full Version : Inquiring minds want to know.....

j_camargo6
11-26-2008, 07:28 AM
For those celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, I'd LOVE to hear about what traditional foods/dishes you have for your dinner!!!

Also, for those not in the US, if you have a holiday similar to Thanksgiving, or any other holiday that centers around food (LOL), I'd love to hear about YOUR traditional dishes......

I'm going to be spending most of the day preparing for tomorrow....so I've got food on the brain...

Our family is doing the traditional turkey (I've got a 25 lb bird thawing in the fridge), Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots in Dill Butter, Rolls, Jello Salad, My Crockpot Stuffing, Sparkling Cider with Cranberry Mint Ice Cubes (the kids make 'em...it's their favorite part of the holiday), Green Beans and Almonds....
And then we'll join my extended family for dessert...I'm taking Double Chocolate Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, and Turtle Cheesecake....

What are you going to be eating???

elenasworld
11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
I have been baking with dd all morning
We made muffins for breakfast, cornbread, buggie shaped cupcakes (i have a pan with the shapes in it) peanut butter cookies with the hershey's kiss in the middle.
Thanks to the suggestion -- I am making cheesy twice baked potatoes today and going to bake them tomorrow. that is it for my cooking today

then it will be turkey, summer squash casserole, potatoes, corn, carrots, cranberry sauce, stuffing&gravy and cornbread rolls tomorrow. I wish I could cook the turkey now I am so hungry for it.

(and I am making chili nachos while the turkey cooks -- the toaster oven comes in handy)

j_camargo6
11-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Nachos sound GOOD, Liz!! Great idea!!

tweederbug
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Ok ... I don't cook the Thanksgiving dinner. I made cookies to take to my IL's and Peanut Butter bars to take to my parents. I need all the sugar I can get for my shopping spree on Friday morning :laugh:.
I might make some cupcakes also. I am not good at actuallymaking dishes so everyoneputs me in charge of desserts. It used to be easy things ... fruit platter,veggie platter,things that you REALLY can't mess up. My dad always says that I could burn water :lmao:!

elenasworld
11-26-2008, 02:13 PM
lol Sheila!

I am usually good for the veggie tray too, but for some odd reason, I can cook a turkey

j_camargo6
11-26-2008, 02:14 PM
LOL, Sheila!! I know someone like that!

My teenager was helping me do some prep work today, and I must say, it was a bit more expensive than usual this year....she burned a loaf of bread she was toasting in the oven for our dressing, and she melted a cube of butter all over the microwave...I guess I forgot to say "put it in a bowl" first, LOL.

Hopefully next year, she'll know better, LOL.

elenasworld
11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
I guess I forgot to say "put it in a bowl" first, LOL.

OMGoodness! :twitcy:

speaking of the things we learn...
my dh was heating up a pizza and the smoke detector starting wailing away.
He put the pizza, box and all, in the oven and forgot about it!:no:

j_camargo6
11-26-2008, 02:27 PM
OH...that's good....I bet you'll never let him forget that....SO FUNNY!

Mom_of_5
11-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh my goodness, Liz! That is toooo funny!!!

I'll stick a pumpkin pie in the oven tomorrow morning and a little later I'll heat up a pecan pie. (both purchased from Market Day through the boys' school PTA)

We will all be heading over a couple of towns to eat at Hometown Buffet.

I cook and clean every day. I'm not doing any of that tomorrow!!

j_camargo6
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh my goodness, Liz! That is toooo funny!!!

I'll stick a pumpkin pie in the oven tomorrow morning and a little later I'll heat up a pecan pie. (both purchased from Market Day through the boys' school PTA)

We will all be heading over a couple of towns to eat at Hometown Buffet.

I cook and clean every day. I'm not doing any of that tomorrow!!

You GO GIRL!!!