PDA

View Full Version : Dr Checkup taday, ugh!

scrappintwins
11-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Is it just my kids or does anyone else's have a total meltdown at the Doctor's office? Thankfully my kids have never really been sick so they just have to go for their checkups, which always include a finger stick and shots of some sort. So every time they go they get hurt! Poor little things had a total fit today and I thought Jaydan was going to go ballistic when they were examining Raven. He was screaming "give me back my sissy!"
As soon as we left they were fine and have been playing happily ever since, thank goodness.
I dread the next appointment, but luckily it won't be for almost another year.

j_camargo6
11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
LOL....ah kids. My kids LOVE to go to the doctor! I usually end up having to take the whole kit and kaboodle. They LOVE to open the drawers and climb on the table and chairs and decorations, and everything else.....and by the end I'M the one who's crying, LOL!

Glad you don't have to do it for another year!!

tweederbug
11-25-2008, 03:55 PM
I know how you feel. Allysen is a sweetheart at the doctors .. she gets candy after her shots and she has become to know that :lmao:! Deagan on the other hand has a complete meltdown when the doctor walks in. He will kick and scream when she attempts to look in his ears. The doctor tries to be understanding since he does have issues but he is BAD when it comes to the doctors. I dread taking him. A 10 minute checkup without shots usually takes about 45 minutes just for Deagan :eek1!

schock77
11-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Every time one of my kids would have a meltdown, I'd remember, the people around us have either a) been there and done that or b) will be there one day too! :) I even stood in line for free flu shots from my school district so Marley wouldn't associate the doctor's office with "bad things happening".

Glad they were back to their usual cuteness shortly after! :)

JAB
11-29-2008, 05:51 PM
My son acts like he has never ever been out of the house every time we go to the Dr. --AWFUL- Awful - Awful

He is always a bit high maintance...but he is at his worst at the Dr.
And when he has to get shots it really isn't pretty :( It literally takes my husband, 2 or 3 nurses and the dr. to hold him down . Last time he was screaming so loud that someone came in from the parking lot and asked what was going on- I was mortified :)
My dr. then told me to make sure we scheduled his next shots on a Wednesday ( her day off).

My hubby and I always argue over who gets to be the lucky one to take him.

My daughter on the other hand is fine....doesn't even flinch for shots. and she is 3 years younger then him :)

Go figure--

babyofmine
11-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I have been there! :laugh: Most of the time my boys are good, but every once in a while they freak out.
But the doctor visit I remember the most was when Kenshin threw up on the floor. He had not been feeling well, but hadn't thrown up. I thought it might be his ears, so I made the appt. He had some chocolate milk in his sippy, and was acting fine. Then, when the doc was talking to me about the prescription (she suspected allergies), I glanced over at Kenshin (had one of "those" feelings, ya know?) and I knew right then he was gonna blow. I turned him away from the desk, and he threw up right there. Well, it was pretty liquidy, so it splattered EVERYWHERE. It was even on the ceiling! :laugh: Kenshin was fine again after that, but the doctor FLIPPED OUT. She was covering her mouth, and the entire time she kept saying, "Oh my goodness, the smell. Oh my goodness!"
She tried to get me to move to her office for the rest of the appt (while we waited for Housekeeping to clean the room), but I pointed out that her office had carpet. Her face turned white, and she said, "Oh my! We couldn't have that! Oh, the smell!" And when hk finally cleaned the room, she got upset when they told her they couldn't spray anything due to some people being allergic to aerosols.
ah, good times! Kenshin was fine. Turns out he stomach just didn't like whole milk anymore. :lmao:

scrappintwins
11-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Well I'm glad it's not just my kids. They are rather sheltered because they were so premature we couldn't take them out of the house for the first 6 months they were home. I guess it kinda carried over from there too. I don't take them anywhere in winter when they could catch something. And even in summer they don't go far, grandparents, to get pictures made and that's about it lol.
At least I don't feel so bad now girls, thanks!:wink:

Ina
11-29-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems with Elli. She is fine when we go there and talk with the doctor but until now she has been measured lying down and she just completely freaks out. :( Hopefully not after this anymore. And the nurses are adamant about doing it that way eve though I said they would get a more accurate measurement if she was standing up.

And every time a doctor tries to check her ears....... OH MY! You would think someone was trying to kill her judging from all the screaming. And I have been always the one taking her...... But DH took her to the dentist and she wouldn't let the dentist to look in her mouth at all. :) Clutching to daddy for dear life and screaming like a banshee so that when they finally left the examination room there was a lady outside and said " We heard her screaming." What a "climax"! I was told I can take her next time. How lovely! ;)