PDA

View Full Version : Display on Laptop

CGOOD
11-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Has Anyone ever had the screen die on their laptop. My screen started to flicker,then get lines across it and now it went black.
I plugged in an external monitor and it runs with no problems so i know the computer itself is fine, so just the screen does not work.

Does anyone know if it's possible just to have the screen replaced.
Thanks in advance for any responses! Chris

j_camargo6
11-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Yep, you can replace the screen...my hubby ordered a screen for my laptop (which was actually one that a friend gave him to recover stuff off of after his kids broke the screen) and replaced it. Every once in a while (if I leave it too long without hibernating or locking, I'll get the lines flashing across it.

Anyway, Chris, Long story short...yes, you can take it in and have it replaced, or if you know somebody, you can order one on the internet.

scrappintwins
11-21-2008, 08:32 AM
It could be the little cable that goes to the screen also. We had one that the screen went out on but that's all it was. Screen was fine just opened and closed too many times I guess lol.
If you know someone who can work on laptops have them check that first. Much cheaper to replace.:wink: