PDA

View Full Version : Clear as MUD....

j_camargo6
11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
SO... with the time change and all, I'm trying to figure out just what time it really is :twitcy:

When I check the world clock, it shows EST (cities like Washington DC and Lima) as being two hours ahead of me...but when I post here in the forum, the time stamp is THREE hours ahead of me!!!:eek1

HELP! I have to figure out what time it really is, so I'll be on time for my own Speed Scraps on thursday!! Announcement will be posted here in the forum shortly...as soon as I can figure out WHAT TIME IT IS!!!

Mom_of_5
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Ok, I'm on EST and it is now 4:23 on my cable box.

This is what is says at the bottom of my screen
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

Mom_of_5
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
In your User CP, in the section Edit Options, way down towards the bottom in the Date & Time Options, do you have it set to automatically detect DST settings??

That's the only thing that I can think of...

elenasworld
11-10-2008, 01:41 PM
In your User CP, in the section Edit Options, way down towards the bottom in the Date & Time Options, do you have it set to automatically detect DST settings??

That's the only thing that I can think of...

i am going to have to check that too Mel because once the time changed, my GDS time is all messed up too -- mine says 6:38 and I know for sure you and I are in the same time zone.

Jenn, I am pretty sure you are two hours behind me too -- though, I can't figure out why your TV shows air later? I guess that means I get to find out things first??????

thanks Mel -- that worked for me!

j_camargo6
11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Yep, I checked and it is set to automatically detect settings.....

As I looked at your post, where you said it was 4:23, the timestamp at the top of your post said 5:24....so I guess as long as I remember that I'm still two hours behind you gals, but the forum will say I'm three hours behind, I guess I'll be ok LOL!!!

Rosie
11-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Or you could just post: Speed Scrap, Thursday, 8 p.m. (Central Standard Time, USA) ....and let "them" figure out when they should be at their computers so they don't miss your Speed Scrap.

lazyscrapper
11-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Yep, I checked and it is set to automatically detect settings.....

As I looked at your post, where you said it was 4:23, the timestamp at the top of your post said 5:24....so I guess as long as I remember that I'm still two hours behind you gals, but the forum will say I'm three hours behind, I guess I'll be ok LOL!!!

What time zone are you in? Something to consider is did the forum time actually change for daylight savings. Where I live there is no such thing, so my time differs between 12 or 13 hours depending on the time of year.

If this helps I found this site that will convert your time to the start time of an event and you could link it to your Speed Scrap page.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-KY.aspx

I've always wanted to do a speed scrap but it's always when I'm going to work. Friday night would work, hint hint.

j_camargo6
11-11-2008, 05:02 AM
What time zone are you in? Something to consider is did the forum time actually change for daylight savings. Where I live there is no such thing, so my time differs between 12 or 13 hours depending on the time of year.

If this helps I found this site that will convert your time to the start time of an event and you could link it to your Speed Scrap page.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-KY.aspx

I've always wanted to do a speed scrap but it's always when I'm going to work. Friday night would work, hint hint.

Thanks for the info!!

We're actually working on getting speed scraps going most weeks! Shannon did one on friday last week, this week is my turn on thursday, and I believe (don't quote me :wink:) that there is going to be one next week on friday, so I hope you'll be able to attend!