PDA

View Full Version : To Recolor Elements or not?

Debra
11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
What is your preference, page kits that include only 1 color of an element so that you can recolor yourself or the element made in a few colors so that you don't have to recolor?

elenasworld
11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I like to have some elements in a few colors, like flowers, lace, ribbons -- especially things that may be dual toned or have highlighting and would be really difficult to easily recolor without losing those special detailing. There are some things that I will take the time to re-color, especially if it is an element I love and keep using. When I am being lazy, I might just clip a paper from the kit to a duplicate layer of the element, and then just overlay it or adjust the opacity. Sometimes I get happy mistakes.

twirlyjoy
11-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I like to have some elements in a few colors, like flowers, lace, ribbons -- especially things that may be dual toned or have highlighting and would be really difficult to easily recolor without losing those special detailing.

:dito::dito::dito:

When I am making a LO I don't always want to have to fiddle around colouring an element. (I did enough of that when I was a designer!!! ;) Now that my scrapping time is very limited, I want to spend as much time as possible on the LO, not on the colouring of elements!

Not only that, my 2 eldest girls digi scrap and, like a fair few beginner digi scrappers, they don't know how to recolour elements successfully and if they use the scrapbooking software which I have for them (instead of my PSP!!), then they don't actually have that option

Silly Bean
11-10-2008, 05:59 AM
As a scrapper, I'm sometimes short on time and find it easier to use a kit that has some recolored elements. However, I feel shorted when I read a kit description and it says something like 8 flowers, but when I unzip the kit there are only 2 flowers that were just recolored 4 times.

Debra
11-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Great to hear all the different opinions..please keep em coming!

anitastreet
11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
As a scrapper, I'm sometimes short on time and find it easier to use a kit that has some recolored elements. However, I feel shorted when I read a kit description and it says something like 8 flowers, but when I unzip the kit there are only 2 flowers that were just recolored 4 times.

I so agree... I don't want to have to recolor, but yes, if you advertise you kit is loaded with elements and it's just the same couple elements in different colors then that is VERY disappointing. I like good previews for that reason :)

twirlyjoy
11-10-2008, 10:41 AM
However, I feel shorted when I read a kit description and it says something like 8 flowers, but when I unzip the kit there are only 2 flowers that were just recolored 4 times.

I also agree with this! (was too early this morning for me to mention it and I forgot!!)

I also like to see it listed as how many original elements there are - ie, 15 original elements in 5 different colour combos or whatever.

JAB
11-18-2008, 03:54 AM
I agree with several others- I don't always like to recolor ( maybe because I am not very good at it ) but I also don't like to see 1 element 4 times and no other stuff. I like the variety of colors in a kit...but I also like a variety of elements. Does that make sense. And like I said before..if I knew how to recolor better I would :)

Debra
11-18-2008, 06:58 PM
It's so great to get everyone's responses... please keep em coming :wink:

okekeca
11-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Some recolored objects is fine....let's say in a couple of colors.
But if there is 1 flower in 6 different colors and 1 ribbon in 6 different colors as well as stitching in 6 colors....then I am a little bit pissed off. :frown:
I prefer having different elements and what I like the most is realistic elements.

babyofmine
11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I agree with what has been said: Recolored is fine, as long as I know that's what I'm getting in the kit. But I don't have a problem re-coloring elements if it's needed. :D
(I think the poll needs a new option! :wink: )