PDA

View Full Version : Want to win my new kit???

Andrea
11-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Want to win my new kit? When I'm creating a kit, I always choose the colors and give it a name first. I have a kit that is due out Friday and I want to get the community involved! The kit is called "Euphoria: and here are the colors:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/algolds95/andreagold_euphoria.jpg

Give me suggestions of what to make and put in the kit based on the name and color scheme of the kit and you could win it! You can give me element/embellishment suggestions and also paper suggestions (patterns, textures).

Please describe your suggestion using words only and do not show me any pictures. That way, I can create a unique kit. :)

I will pick 5 lucky winners at random to receive the kit for free! Anyone can participate on this!

So, let's hear some suggestions! :wink:

HollyS
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
When I think of Euphoria I think of bursts....so maybe a sunburst paper?

anitastreet
11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I think of smiles for Euphoria... maybe some kind of smiley faces.. that's what the yellow makes me think of the most!

what I really love though are frames... any kind of frames for my photos...traditional or overlays...love them all.
the colors are great... the blues and white make me think of the beautiful blue skies we get this time of year.. would make some beautiful blue sky papers..

I love natural elements too.. the brown and green would be great for those! :)

TammyM
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I would like to see some fun acrylic pieces and some doodles like buttons with doodles around them. Circles, word art and a few swirls for good measure. Anything that makes you smile and feel euphoric. :wink: That's my wish list. Absolutely LOVE the colors.

RN_Meow
11-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Ok, so the first thing that comes to mind is a Spa Day..... you know pedicures, massages, facials. A day spent with girlfriends. Maybe you could through in a Robe or slippers embellishment or friendship wordart. Euphoria to me is relaxing!

magicalreality
11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
The green and blue is like in the park or at the beach, or maybe school Days? Art? Frienship is cool...lol I have no idea but these are sure bright and pretty! oh and I don't see much kits with overlays..that would be nice:P

mosser77
11-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Great colors! I love your swirly doodles - stick some of those in there :)

3beans
11-04-2008, 02:09 PM
oh dear, with those colors I see ecstatic muddy boys under a green canopy of trees, surrounded by dirt and water, with a sunny blue sky overhead!

Totally boy, I know, but I see shovels, trowels, dirt mounds, dump trucks, diggers, grasshoppers, beetles, lizards, road plates, metal rivets, garden hoses, water dams, safety cones, yellow construction tape, wheel barrows, sifters, metal pails. Oh wait, that's my backyard... Papers should have a definite texture to them, like linen, weave or a corduroy. Nothing that looks delicate.

Would it surprise anyone that my 3 boys have a dirt box instead of a sandbox and yards of dirt delivered every summer? No? Ok, then.

stater
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I think of flowers. How about a background with flowers shaped like those 70's flowers.

I also think of lava lamps, tie-dye, you know all that far out stuff. LOL

grammaj
11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
these pages would be good for a boys album, outside playing with trucks and toy cars etc, bikes happy faces.

elenasworld
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow! Everyone's suggestions are amazing!
I also think of the outdoors when I think of euphoria -- my dd is happiest outside, any weather, any time of day -- the colors remind me of a favorite park. There is a huge open field surrounding the park and in the spring the grass is so lush. Daisies grow all around and I take her there to pick them before they mow. The play area is a wooden one that looks like a castle, lots of tunnels and passageways. Ofcourse you gotta have the bright blue perfect sky with a few puffy clouds. She loves to lie in the grass and pick out shapes in the clouds.

I love glitter and doodles and line art -- shapes/blocks that are not so perfectly square or straight.

madi
11-05-2008, 04:10 AM
For me it's boys too.

I thinks of strings, rope, wood, nails, screws, parts of toys, etc. anything a little boy brings home in his pockets after playing outside.

CrazyMommy
11-05-2008, 08:24 AM
The first thing I thought of was lots of swirls, but after reading the posts suggesting out doors I think the I would love to see a tree with the foliage being made of swirls. I hope that makes sense.:twitcy:

Mom_of_5
11-05-2008, 08:55 AM
oh dear, with those colors I see ecstatic muddy boys under a green canopy of trees, surrounded by dirt and water, with a sunny blue sky overhead!

Totally boy, I know, but I see shovels, trowels, dirt mounds, dump trucks, diggers, grasshoppers, beetles, lizards, road plates, metal rivets, garden hoses, water dams, safety cones, yellow construction tape, wheel barrows, sifters, metal pails. Oh wait, that's my backyard... Papers should have a definite texture to them, like linen, weave or a corduroy. Nothing that looks delicate.

Would it surprise anyone that my 3 boys have a dirt box instead of a sandbox and yards of dirt delivered every summer? No? Ok, then.

LOL! Sounds like our backyard! My kids have a 'dig site' full of a very large hole and lots of tonka construction equipment -- the original metal stuff.

An evergreen type tree and landscape timbers that could be used as borders or a frame...that's what I would add.

Andrea
11-05-2008, 09:27 AM
These are great ideas and I'm getting an idea of what I want to make of the kit! Keep the ideas coming! The chance to win the kit ends tomorrow afternoon. :)

Anuhea35
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
wow we have lots of different ideas. With the colors I could see boys stuffs, the cars, mud, 'backyard' type of things....yup I see it. Maybe a oaoer that has the textre of mud? if that makes sense, not like a blob or anything...ok never mind that sounds dumb

jhyll
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Blue sea, white puffy clouds, tropical palm trees, yummy chocolate treats. A nice alpha which looks like writing in the sand, lovely doodles and gorgeous swirls................mmmm, an exotic euphoric tropical holiday! Woohoo!

Gem
11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm thinking beach--driftwood, blue skies, those pretty plants that show up on the dunes that stick up like wheat, beach chairs, boat, sunshine, beach toys, word art about relaxation and nature, etc.

Odyssey
11-06-2008, 05:09 AM
LOVE the colours! I think of thick fun doodles, zig zag ribbons, outdoors, something chunky and surreal. Can't wait for the Kit Andrea I love your stuff... you send me broke girl :laugh:

Silly Bean
11-06-2008, 06:12 AM
I was thinking clouds too, and my first thought was of some puffy stickers with clouds and flowers.

lazyscrapper
11-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Love the suggestions so far. First thing I thought of was a paper, 70ish I guess, that has those repeating circles, bullseye type things, that go in and out of focus, like they jump off the page. It's sometimes strain on the eyes but as a paper it could be cool. Sorry bad discription, visual is better.

spoof
11-07-2008, 10:28 AM
With the cold weather, the word "Euphoria" makes me think of spring and things blooming. Gardens, flowers, etc. I also love your doodles, so some of those would be awesome!!

Andrea
11-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks for the great ideas! I had my daughter pick 6 numbers between 2 and 22 (how many posts were in here). I didn't let her see the posts or anything, just pick the numbers. She picked 10, 2, 21, 18, 4, and 22! So, those are the winners. She really wanted 6 winners, so I let her pick 6 numbers! :laugh: Here are the names of the posts for those numbers:

grammaj
hollys
lazyscrapper
gem
tammym
spoof

So, you are the winners. I should have the kit done sometime today or tonight and then I'll send the lucky winners a coupon for the kit! :) Again, thanks for the great ideas!

j_camargo6
11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Congrats, Ladies!!! What an AWESOME opportunity!!! Can't wait to see Andrea's latest creation!

lazyscrapper
11-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks so much! can't wait for the kit

TammyM
11-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Thank you so much Andrea. I love the kit.

Mom_of_5
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Congratulations ladies!

candi1973
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I would say this kit definitely need a really, really cool tree! I have seen a lot of designers adding trees to their kits and I LOVE THEM! They're all so different and diverse. I'd love to see what kind of TREE you come up with... Then, I think it would be cool to see some really whimsical doodles. And I'd love to see one of the papers with doodly-type swirls. Leaves galore, but not the real, extracted type of leaves, perhaps felt, or paper leaves.... And then I also think some glitter here and there would be awfully cool!

Not that I am picky or anything....

:-)

Have fun designing!

candi1973
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh, and I did see this was over, but I was still bound and determined to get my 2 cents in~! LOL!

Gem
11-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Andrea,

Thank you. I can't wait to download it and see all the parts close up. What fun!

kelseyll
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Ooohhh, I'm sorry I didn't see this post in time to be entered in the drawing, but I'll give my ideas anyway:

In looking at your color palette I see seasons! =) These colors would be ideal for scenery shots of fall camping/hunting with the greens and browns, boating or water related pics with the blues/white and even that yellow-green (reminds me of summer) and the blue, green and white reminds me of snow on mountains and trees on a sunny winter day. Springtime pics would look great on the lighter blue, white and yellow-green!

Everyone experiences Euphoria during their favorite season doing their favorite activity! This kit would be ideal for any scrapper! =) And I love everyone's ideas of swirly floral vines/branches and swirly-branches on trees...love the acrylic additions too like daisy flowers and leaves...that's my 2 cents worth... =)

schock77
11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
This kit turned out SO beautifully! Wow you guys had some great ideas and as usual, Andrea made another fabulous page kit. :)

spoof
11-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow! Thank you so much. Tell your daughter thanks as well, since it looks like I was the 6th winner. LOL!! Love the kit and can't wait to start using it!!!