PDA

View Full Version : Friday 7Nov is the next Speed Scrap!!

Silly Bean
11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Hi everybody, it's my turn again to host a speed scrap. YAY!! So let's all meet here at 9:00 PM EST (East Coast US time) this Friday November 7th. I'm still trying to figure out the best time for everyone, lol, so I hope this is a good time!

I'm super excited and look forward to hanging out with y'all again!

Shannon

j_camargo6
11-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Oh, BUMMER! I may have to miss this one...that would be 6pm my time...and it's DATE NIGHT. Maybe I'll catch the tail end....I HOPE SO!!

Mom_of_5
11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Sounds like fun! I put a reminder on my calendar, but I don't know if I can attend. Alex turns 9 on Saturday and since we have full schedule of soccer the WHOLE weekend due to an outdoor tournament we have a few things planned for Friday.

RN_Meow
11-04-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm in!!!

MrsRomer
11-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Awwww, our football team is in the play-offs & we're hosting 1st one at home!

ThoughtfilledMe
11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm going to try to be there, just have to remember that it's 7pm my time.

britnkaysmemaw2
11-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh, I hope I can make it. Have to work late that evening. I love speed scraps.

Anuhea35
11-04-2008, 06:33 PM
ohh i soo wanna be there, thats like 4 pm here....hmm wonder if I can get hubby to watch the kids for a little while

elenasworld
11-04-2008, 08:21 PM
It is on my calendar. Now I just have to hope there are no bedtime struggles!
I love speed scraps!

digiscrapdee
11-05-2008, 02:24 PM
but can you explain what a speed scrap is? Whatever it is, I don't know if I'd be any good. I tend to be very critical of my LO's and they usually take me some time. LOL

Anuhea35
11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
the instructions are on the top under the green line with the FAQ and SEARCH links

Silly Bean
11-06-2008, 04:04 AM
but can you explain what a speed scrap is? Whatever it is, I don't know if I'd be any good. I tend to be very critical of my LO's and they usually take me some time. LOL

You know, I'm very critical of mine too, which is actually why the speed scrap works so well for me. During the speed scrap's first hour you'll be given one instruction of something to do in your layout every 10 minutes. After that first hour, you'll have a second hour to complete your layout and post it to our gallery. The reason these work well for me is that they give me something to focus on, they give me a direction to go in, and I don't really just sit there with some pictures and wonder, "What in the world am I going to do with these?" It may sound hard, because you only have a couple hours to make something, but I think you'll be surprised at how efficient it could make you! And you can always go back to your layout later and revise it. :) Hope to see you there! Oh, and one other thing, you can always go back to the older speed scraps and try them out to see if you like it. ;)

j_camargo6
11-06-2008, 04:41 AM

I'm like you, but some of my favorite layouts have been a result of speed scraps....you don't have time to stew and second guess yourself...you just go with your gut.

You'll LOVE it! Hope you'll be there!!

digiscrapdee
11-06-2008, 06:07 AM
Ooh thanks for the more detailed description. It does sound like fun and you are right, I can definitely see how it might help me. I'll try to make it, but in the meantime, I'm going to check out some old speed scraps to see what they've produced.

Bydelstorp
11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I really liked my first speed scrap for NSD. I am not sure I like my layout since no following prompt really worked with the papers I had chosen :laugh:, but that might get better with practice. Unfortunately I think I'll have to pass on this one, since I don't think I'll be very creative at 2 a.m., plus I would not want to think of the next morning with kids waking me up between 6 and 7 a.m. :head_hurts_kr:

elenasworld
11-07-2008, 01:32 PM
yeah! speed scraps is almost here!
I better get dinner and bath time rolling!

MrsRomer
11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I ditched the game early so I could be here :)