PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Plans??

twirlyjoy
10-25-2008, 07:46 AM
So, what are you up to this weekend????

Yesterday, after school, my friend and I surprised our girls with a trip to the cinema to see High School Musical 3. It wasn't until they were all changed and ready to go that we told them where we were going! Needless to say, they were all very surprised and excited!!

This evening, it is our village (or technically a town, but still called a village! lol!) carnival - the highlight of the village calendar! It really is great fun - lots of floats, dressing up and a carnival queen and princess (Alice's friend is this year's princess so very excited!). They also have a firework display to start it off and then a big bonfire and fireworks at the end.

I have been to every single carnival since I was a baby and have never known it to rain but today it is forecast to rain :( Am really hoping that they have got it wrong!!!

Then, we all get an extra hour in bed tonight as it is the night the clocks go back! That is how you always know when Liphook Carnival takes place - it is ALWAYS the night the clocks go back!

Would love to know what you are all up to!

schock77
10-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Fun! I had 22 parent conferences this week, so I'm ready for some R&R! We're taking Jaxon to his last regular season t-ball game in an hour, then grandma is meeting us there and taking over. We're headed to tailgate and then to the UT vs. Oklahoma State game.

Tomorrow, the other grandma and grandpa are coming up and going with us to the pumpkin patch. I have to hit the grocery store, but then plan on scrapping most of the afternoon while DH watches football.

:)

elenasworld
10-25-2008, 08:23 AM
The carnival sounds like a lot of fun -- and I still need to get to the pumpkin patch too. Today it is raining, so I guess that wont be today.

I have to prepare for dh's b-day. He was travelling and I was gone on his b-day, so he has been complainng about missing out. So I am off to get some eggs and stuff to make a cake. Has to be chocolate with white frosting -- the only kind he will eat!

Also have to replace the bathroom faucet, which has been leaking -- who knows how long. Usually dh's handy-man tasks turn into events -- like calling the plumber on a holiday weekend for triple overtime as water gushes out of the pipes. I need some extra fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again!

tweederbug
10-25-2008, 08:41 AM
I am going to a Halloween Party with the kids or should I say that they are going with me. I took them to a party yesterday and accidentally deleted ALL the pictures off my camera..nothing nada to remember the day :cry:. My dh is going hunting .. lucky him. He gets to set in a quiet treestand .. I get to hear 20-30 kids screaming for hours.

Ina
10-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Fun! I had 22 parent conferences this week, so I'm ready for some R&R!

I'm sure you're glad those are over. RelaX! You really deserve it. I will have mine in two weeks time. But I only have 14. How lucky I am to have a small class. :)

I was raking the leaves this morning with Elli. Well, actually Elli was trying to save all the worms from the drive picking them up one by one and putting them under a bush. :) Bless her! And I got to do the raking all by myself. Then at noon I had a performance with my gospel choir. I wasn't home until after 4pm. Since then I got to play with Elli. She demanded that mommy should build a house from LEGO for her Moomin characters. So mommy built a house and a zoo and a tower and....... LOL

Tomorrow I don't have really any special plans. We are supposed to get the big storm that Joy had in England two days ago. Tomorrow it's supposed to hit here. We've been warned that the winds are going to be so strong that they will snap trees and the power cuts are inevitable. :( And lots of rain! Not much fun! So it seems we are going to spend the day inside. One thing I need to do tomorrow is to start planning the Christmas celebration at school. Time flies and we need to start practicing with the kids.... quite soon. I better put the x-mas music on to get on the mood. LOL

j_camargo6
10-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Gosh, so many fun things going on! I spent the morning cutting and coloring hair, and just ran to the store and finished putting together soup for our neighborhood "Trunk or Treat/Carnival/Chili-Soup cook-off." What a mouthful! That is tonight and the kids are all excited about dressing up....the "costume fairy" delivered a bunch of costumes that they're all dying to use...(a wonderful friend sent them...THANKS LIZ!!) Tomorrow is 8 am choir practice and then church and then time with my extended family....I'm almost looking forward to Monday LOL!